This resort is worth every. penny. The view, the staff, the lavish pools, the decadent food, and all the amenities make for the perfect getaway for families or couples who are looking to feel like royalty or movie stars. No detail is overlooked and the grounds are immaculate. The spa was world class as are the restaurants and gym. The only downside is that I fear that I will never stay anywhere nicer!
Some answers to questions I wondered before coming:
1) Many staff speak English, but sometimes they need to find someone who does.
2) Bring a lot of cash as you'll be tipping often (American or Pesos) to avoid credit card fees and outrageous ATM fees ($30!!)
3) Everything you need is on the resort really, but renting a car is worth it given that most rides within 10 minutes will cost $70 round trip at least.
4) I felt perfectly safe and comfortable anywhere on site.
5) The water is truly safe and filtered anywhere on the resort.
- Free Parking
- Breakfast included