1,706 results
All reviews del mar personal concierge fitness classes la palapa spa casita juan jose villa host lounge bar private residence private hot tub hotel pool infinity edge plunge pool amazing resort guacamole pool staff tequila tasting
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

The resort is nested in a beautiful part of Cabo. Lush vegetation, palm trees, the Infiniti pool overlook the Pacific Ocean amazing!
From the moment we arrived you can feel the warm welcoming. From Paula at the concierge to Hiran serving drinks at the pool.
I liked the different margarita they created with exotic ingredients.

Our room was spotless, roomy and well designed, overlooking the ocean
Looking forward to return.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear PGP_p1,

Thank you for sharing your review from your recent visit to Esperanza. We are so glad that Paula, Hiran and our entire Esperanza Family ensured to pamper you throughout your visit. We consider you a part of our Family here as well and do hope we will have the opportunity to do so again very soon.
We will be sure to have a special margarita waiting for you upon arrival! Please do let me know if we can help to plan another relaxing stay in paradise.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Esperanza is one of the nicest places that we have ever stayed. Peaceful and relaxing with a lot of character. All the employees are friendly and always wanting to help you. The restaurants are very good and the grounds are gorgeous. The spa is extremely nice and provide very good massages. The workout facilities are nice and clean and up to date. It would be an understatement to say that we enjoyed our visit. It was fabulous.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank French S

Dear French S,
We appreciate your great review from your recent stay at Esperanza. We are honored to be one of your favorite places to stay and are thrilled that you enjoyed our Spa, restaurants, and grounds so much!
We do hope to see you back at Esperanza very soon.Thank you again for your visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We have traveled many times to Los Cabos but this was our first visit to this resort. The resort was truly amazing, and the service was impeccable. Our family of 6 stayed at the residences. There was no detail left out. From the moment you arrive everyone is extremely attentive and friendly. We have traveled to many parts of the world and the Esperanza Auberge is at the top of our stays.

Room tip: Incredible Views from every room or residence.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ileana B

Dear Ileana B,
Thank you for sharing comments from your first visit to Esperanza! I am delighted that your family enjoyed a wonderful vacation getaway at our Esperanza Residences.
We do hope that our Resort will become your new "home away from home" and that we can assist in creating vacation experiences for your family!
Please let us know if we can help with anything else in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

A group of 4 friends traveled together for a week long stay in Cabo. We had a (3) bedroom villa. I had been to Esperanza in the past but my 3 friends had not been. Our villa was located on the 3rd floor which was perfect for us. We were close to the market which we visited for fresh fruit in the mornings and to chat with the Head Concierge; Francisco Carrillo (he is FANTASTIC!) but we were also close to the pool. We were there during a fairly slow week (May 22-29) and we found it easy to enjoy the pool each day.

When we arrived on the first day, we were greeted by smiling staff that gave us small samplings of their welcome margarita and their frozen lemonade (non-alcoholic) with chia seeds - both drinks were SO refreshing. We all ended up ordering the welcome margarita at lunch that day and then ordering the frozen lemonade throughout the week because it was so great on a hot day!

Once we were settled into our villa, we took a car from the resort to the local Wal-Mart. I had done some research before the trip and found mixed reviews on the Wal-Mart but we felt super safe and the store itself is HUGE and very clean. We were shocked that we could buy beer, wine AND liquor at Wal-Mart. My friend bought a rather large bottle of rum for $7 and I bought a case of Corona (12 pack) for $7. We also bought chips, pretzels, bread, peanut butter, jelly, bottled water, soda, snack bars and a few frozen foods for the days we just wanted to have food at the villa for lunch. All American brands. I believe it cost us $30 round trip - so worth it.

We ate breakfast most days at the breakfast restaurant and my one girlfriend and I ordered the huevos rancheros every time it was THAT good. They also have fresh juices - the watermelon is my favorite!

After breakfast, we head straight to the pool .. on the way back to the villa pools, we passed the hotel check-in area and came across a little set up of Tropical Mango Iced Tea with rock candy sugar sticks. The perfect amount of sweet for a hot day.

Now, I am going to get all of the restaurant names confused so instead, I will just rave about two of my favorites:
- "The Bowl" was something we ordered at the swim-up pool bar. It is $18 and worth every penny. You get to pick 5 items, 1 protein and 1 dressing. I ordered kale, beets, egg, feta, quinoa, grilled shrimp with balsamic dressing. I could have licked the bowl.
- Most of the restaurants open for dinner had sorbet and I ordered coconut one night - I may be crazy but I swear I tasted a hint of cinnamon and it was out of this world!

All of the staff are so nice and helpful but I must mention by name the man who was at the pool for 5 out of our 7 days. His name was Abraham and he was AWESOME! We met on our first day and every day after (that he was working) our 4 chairs were waiting for us when we arrived - set up with towels, two small tables and 1 umbrella. He offered to clean our sunglasses, brought us small coolers of ice so we could keep our drinks cool, refreshed our towels, took photos for us, and honestly, just took time to get to know our names and always welcomed us with our first name and made sure to say good-bye to us when he left for the day if we were still by the pool. He was a highlight of our trip!

On Thursday evening, there is an owner's cocktail hour, market and fiesta themed dinner buffet. We attended the cocktail hour and got to meet a few other owner's and enjoy tasty margaritas. We also visited the market and were able to buy a few items - I collect Mexican pottery and tons of options are available at the market for those who choose to not leave the resort to go shopping (we went to downtown Cabo where I was able to find TONS of awesome dishes to bring home)

On Saturday evening we dined at the restaurant that has a huge fire-pit and couches. Our dinner table backed up to the ocean and was the perfect setting for our last evening in Cabo. We had also gone to this restaurant on Thursday evening but didn't stay after we finished dinner so we missed the live music - we stayed on Saturday and we loved it. Our server was named Sergio (he was actually our server on Thursday as well so we requested him) and when two of us said we were having the same thing we had on Thursday night, he remembered what we had! We both ordered the burger .. I know, I know .. a burger? But it was SO good. After we finished dinner, we moved over to the couches by the fire pit and listened to the live music - the band played hits from The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, the Bee Gees and many more. Such a great way to end our vacation!

All in all .. we had the perfect trip! We can't wait to go back!!

Room tip: Villas on the 3rd floor are the best .. no possible noisy upstairs neighbors!
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kaitlyn H

Dear Kaitlyn H,
Thank you so very much from all of us here at Esperanza for your kind and thorough review. We were all impressed by the detailed highlights that you shared from your trip and we appreciate your encouraging words about our warm service and the amazing time that you had with your friends.
All of us here at Esperanza love what we do and I'm delighted that you felt pampered throughout your visit and enjoyed a very relaxing vacation getaway.
Kaitlyn H, I do hope you and your friends will come back again very soon for another perfect stay.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We stayed at Esperanza for 5 days/4 nights. We were really looking forward to this resort because we have loved Auberge resorts in the past. Everything was great- room was beautifully decorated with a relaxed Restoration Hardware feel, outside balcony with hot tub and sitting area, and large pretty bathroom. All the amenities were present but many things had price tags (you could buy in the gift shop if you wanted to take it home) such as the hats and beach bag. The Adult pool area was phenomenal- right on the beach, plenty of shade and umbrellas, quiet areas, and not too crowded. Service was excellent and included mini-massages on your lounge chair, little snacks, and water. The spa and fitness were phenomenal. Highly recommend booking a treatment although you can use the spa amenities without a service. Both of my therapists were wonderful and my husband said he had the massage he has ever had. The classes were great and we enjoyed the TRX and yoga classes each day. The only thing missing was the service in the room. We had to ask for coffee, water for the filter, milk for the coffee, and cups every day. It would seem that at a resort like this, once you asked for skim milk in the morning they would remember and bring it to you every day. Turndown service was a bit disappointing. There was a small trinket on the bed but no explanation as to it's significance or meaning. Some nights all the lights in the room were on and others nights our A/C had been turned down. Finally, when we checked in we were asked a few questions about our stay and things we needed. These things were never brought to the room as requested. Also, the concierge specifically asked about our anniversary plans but did not acknowledge the big celebration during our stay. It was not until my husband mentioned it that a small unimpressive tray of desserts was left in our room- no card or well wishes. This is a phenomenal resort but needs to find the "love" in their service to their guests. I think a little extra would go a long way!

Date of stay: June 2016

Dear 157Jen,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your honest feedback from your recent 5-day visit to Esperanza. While I was glad to hear that you enjoyed excellent service throughout your stay, I was concerned we did not meet your expectations. I do hope that despite the issues you experienced, you had a relaxing vacation and will consider staying at Esperanza again in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your next visit more pleasant, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are confident we will provide you with a closer to perfect experience as your original visit should have been.