Portofino de Cabo Resort
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$355
US$323
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$325
  • Breakfast included
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$228
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$888
US$215
Bookit.com
US$401
US$289
Priceline
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$359
US$286
Priceline
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$170
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$854
US$764
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$640
Hotels.com
Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$1,139
US$1,079
All reviewsliving roomlower unitwal mart for groceriesmarina viewshort walkno elevatordeep sea fishingwithin walking distancethe location is perfectunitsinternetvillaluggedresortvacationcabopros
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place. I gave this a four cause there issues with the room and weren’t going to be addressed till after our stay. I understand things happen at a different pace then here in MN. And I was on vacation so I won’t hold it against them. And things the were faulted didn’t hinder my stay. Like the lid on the toilet tank was broke. Fan on patio stopped working. Sliding glass door was off track. Little things. The staff overall did a good job and took care of us. Security guard was friendly and helpful when we checked it( checked in late) front desk was helpful any way possible. Rooms were clean. The other downer was late at night showers sucked. Seemed like the water pressure went away. And the hot water was hard to control. It was either scolding hot or wasn’t there. The 100 steps to 3b was worth every step awesome views. Good views from the pool too. A/c cools room quick so if your not in your room all day need to run them. If you unfortunately get the top room it’s 136 steps one way. But you will love it here.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Stairs, stairs, stairs. (but we knew that)
Average accommodations, definitely needs updating.
Stayed in Suite 4A, cable came in and out. Oven would light but not heat up. Mentioned to front office 1st night. 5th day someone showed up to look at.
Pros - Amazing view.

Room Tip: Great view. City noise.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Overall this place wasn't terrible, but there were plenty of negatives to offset the two things it has going for it - location and convenience.

1.) The stairs - I would not recommend anybody other than very active, fit, young people staying here. I'm an out-of-shape 25 year old who doesn't mind a few stairs but I was gasping for breath getting to room 5. I don't know what the solution is - the place is built into a slanted mountainside so an elevator isn't feasible - but they are a problem unless you're doing P90X.

2.) The WiFi sucks, how hard is it to invest in some hundred-foot coils of CAT6 and some cheap wireless routers and make sure there's WiFi in every room?

3.) The appliances, TV, and furniture were out-of-date. It looked like everything came right out of 1997 - old CRT TV, metal barstools that hurt to sit on, an old fridge that I'd find my drinks frozen in, a noisy AC unit that kept me up. I stayed at another property, Cabo Vista, that was a much smaller unit but very reasonably priced and had all-updated appliances and Wi-Fi right in the room.

Ultimately it's not a bad place to stay but I don't know if I would go back unless I was guaranteed a first-floor unit.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I really liked this resort. It does not have any elevators, only stairs, but I did not mind that at all. The view from the top, where our room was, was magnificent. You could see the town, mountains and the ocean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
Reviewed 2 June 2017

This resort is located within a block or two of everything. A short walk to Cabo Wabo, Maro's (excellent food), Madeira's (Brazilian steak house-great!) & the marina is just a few blocks away too. It is in the center of Cabo in the older areas but don't let that deter you. Taxi's are right there to take you anywhere you need to go....

The biggest thing about this particular resort is the lack of modern accommodations in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the people here are outstanding! Irene is in the front and she will do anything possible to try and make your stay a pleasure and do it with a gracious smile and sincerity. David, the maintenance guy was awesome. He lugged our golf clubs up 4 flights of stairs and never said a word. If we asked something we needed done, it was done and with a smile! A great young man. I believe the owner / manager's name was Andrea (sorry if I am mistaken) and she was very courteous as well. They even gave us a 2 bedroom unit to enhance our stay with no extra fees because one was open and they wanted our stay to be memorable. We appreciated that a ton!

Our main issue with this resort was the STAIRS! There is no elevator but we knew this going in. Being in my early 60's and in pretty good health, I figure it would be okay but let me tell you, I was definitely winded every time I climbed them! The burn in my legs (and yes it they burned) felt kind of like a remembrance of my younger athletic years, but at this time of my life, I would prefer a elevator for sure! If you are not in good health, I am afraid I would tell you to skip this resort. We heard talk of "possibly" an elevator system being installed in the future and if that is true, you are in for a treat staying at the Marina View / Portofino! it is an older type of place but the people really make up the difference. Overall...My friend & I enjoyed our stay. The TV's did not work too good (but you are not supposed to watch TV on vacation anyway right?) and the stairs will give you a workout you better be ready for but everything else was right on point. Thank you to all the employees there that did their best to make our stay there a good one.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends