5,810 results
All reviews taco bar bella california time share whale slide jose reyes sports bar villa group all inclusive package timeshare presentation musty smell ocean view upper pool nightly shows our waiter pool side all inclusive plan pool concierge
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I spent most of my week vacation relaxing my the pool & Jacuzzi that overlooks the ocean. We were greeted by Enrique on day one, and he is the most attentive and friendly staff member there is! He was always checking in and making were we had a fresh drink or food.
If you are headed to Villa del Palmar - please look for Enrique! I am sure that you will have the same fantastic service that I experienced!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank EllenRNorris
GabyGalindoL, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear EllenRNorris
Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas and for sharing the details of your stay with us.
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are commited to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words wich I will personally share with Enrique your waiter by the pool.
On behalf of our Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo team, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

This is my second review of Villa del Palmar and I think it more or less tracks the first one I wrote four years ago: VDP continues to be a lovely, family-friendly resort with a ton of "pros" and just a few downsides.

We stayed on the all-inclusive plan over the first week of January. The first few days were still very much high season, so the waits for food and drink were extremely long, to the point of serious frustration a few times (a half hour wait to get a table at the poolside sushi bar and then another hour wait for food - ugh). However, once we eased into the less-busy latter part of the week, things got better on this front.

As other reviewers have pointed out, some of the rooms are cave-like and dank. Ours fell into that category. We had a one-bedroom garden-view room on the 2nd floor (3204). Everything felt a bit dated and the windowless bedroom was indeed dungeon-like. There was a nice sliding glass door out to a balcony in the living area and we could even see a bit of the ocean.

While I can imagine that people used to true five-star digs would be frustrated by some of the rooms, the set up was fine for us and we appreciated having two bathrooms. Of course one doesn't come to Cabo to sit in a hotel room and frankly, the cave-like ambiance made for great sleeping! The room was clean and our housekeeper did a fantastic job of cleaning up after our very sandy family of four.

Food overall is excellent. We could not get enough of the sushi and build-your-own tacos. The buffet they offer with the nightly show is very good. It got a little old by the fourth night, as a number of the items do repeat, but overall the quality was top notch.

The shows were not exactly Broadway-worthy, but they kept us all entertained. The Michael Jackson impersonator was a stand-out.

Location on the very swim-able Mendano Beach could not be better.

We loved the evening dance parties on the deck overlooking the ocean.

A few areas for improvement:

- As was the case during our first visit four years ago, things are a little unorganized at the breakfast buffet. You often have to track down your server to get a spoon (why no spoons on table??) or more coffee. There also was rarely salt and pepper on the tables, so again, you had to flag someone down. These are quibbles, but should be relatively easy details for the hotel to address.

- Drinks were weak, but on the all-inclusive plan, we devised a nice workaround: Order, say, a glass of pineapple juice and then a couple of shots of rum on the side. Then, mix to your own taste. The wine offered as part of the the all-inclusive plan was barely drinkable and my standards are not high.

- We arrived on Dec. 31, New Year's Eve. To our great annoyance, the buffet dinner that night was billed as a special NYE "White Party" and it cost an extra $75 per person. In short, we were surprised to find out that our first dinner on the all-inclusive plan was NOT included. $75 per person with a family of four? No way. Some warning to this effect would have helped manage our expectations. Worse, the resort's other restaurants closed early that night, leaving only the wood-fired pizza (loooong line to order) or expensive room service. I guess this issue would only impact people staying over NYE...but word of warning if you are in that group.

Ultimately, the VDP helped change us from people who would "never stay at a resort," to a family that has now gone twice to the VDP in Cabo and once to the equally nice resort in Puerto Vallarta.

Great family time and wonderful memories. Gracias VDP!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear
Your ratings and comments help us a great deal in our effort to improve our service.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

5 star hotel it is, large service staff to make sure the hotel was spotless and the rooms were cleaned very well, with fancy towels made into shapes of swans (really cool). We stayed for two weeks and made sure we tip the room service maid in the first few days as we wanted to make sure we appreciated what she did for us.
Why did they come by your room in the late afternoon to ask "do you need another towel?" I did not understand. WiFi in our room was on and off and had to go down to business center to face-time or Skype for sure reception. We have been coming to this hotel for the last 20-25 years and it has never looked better. Our Concierge ""Silvia" we recognize her from years past visit and always nice to see a familiar face. She was very helpful. another familiar face was "Easter" who always asked if we were happy with the service. It was amazing that she could remember us after not being there for 3 years.

Room Tip: check in early to get the best selection. 3rd floor or higher gets you a better view of the ocean and pool area facing west.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reesefamily2018
GabyGalindoL, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Reesefamily2018
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are commited to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words wich I will personally share with Sylvia your concierge and Esther pool manager.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I was just vacationing at VDP in early November. We go back to this resort every year. My sister has a time-share which I'm purchasing so we can keep it in the family. I've been going tor 20 plus years and love this resort. There is always fun things to do but if you just want to relax by the pool you can do that too!! They always take care of us when we go to Villa del Palmar. We love the bell boys...Eli, Alberto, Edgar and Efrain. This resort has become a yearly vacation place!! We love it and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYCMarathoner2013

Dear NYCMarathoner2013
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are commited to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words wich I will personally share with Eliel, Alberto, Edgar and Efrain from bell boys team.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This is a beautiful resort, even though our room was on the back side (we went for a timeshare presentation and they don't offer ocean view rooms for this) we still had a view of the mountains. The resort is located next to downtown and the water taxi ride is great fun for the kids and quick. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family