“Still one of the best”

Misiones De Kino
Ranked #11 of 634 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Misiones de Kino Pasta Bella & Bar “Where Mexico and Little Italy meet for a true culinary experience” We have dedicated our Restaurant in honor of Padre Eusebio Francisco Kino Eusebio Francisco Kino (August 1645 – March 15 1711) was a priest from a town in what is now northern Italy. For the last 24 years of his life he proved that Baja California is not an island but a peninsula by leading an overland expedition there. By the time of his death he had established 24 missions and visitas (country chapels or visiting stations). Misiones de Kino is our “visita” (visiting station) for new and old friends, to share wine and break bread with each other. We welcome you to come and enjoy the tranquility and seclusion of an early Baja style Mission. Misiones de Kino specializes in authentic Mexican, seafood dishes and exquisite Italian cuisine, all brought to you by our family Trattoria.
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for the 3rd consecutive year & it is as good as ever. Always get a pasta dish & truly one of best Italian meals ever. Server was Israel Jr. & he couldn’t have been better. Very friendly & provided great service. Don’t miss this restaurant when in Cabo.

Israel V, Owner at Misiones De Kino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Thank you so much for remembering us year after year. We truly appreciate your business, I’m glad to hear that my son took great care of you. We look forward to seeing you next year. Thank you again for taking the time to write this wonderful review about a restaurant, we truly appreciate it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed 19 April 2018

I had a most delicious meal at Misiones de Kino - Fish Veracruz. It was a taste sensation! I started with the tortilla soup which was different from others in Cabo, with slices of onion in it - it was sensational. The broth was great! Usually I can't get past Chilpalla Fish with Israel's famous sauce because it is so good, but this time I ventured to a new item Fish Veracruz and they blew it out of the park! Margaritas are alway great too. The service from Alfonso and Israel is always friendly, homey yet professional. They aim to please, offering me a blanket when it was breezy.

I’m glad that you enjoyed the fish Veracruz, it’s hard to compete with the secret garlic sauce which is a crowd pleaser, so I’m very glad that the other dish lived up to your expectations. Thank you so much for letting me know that Alonso took great care of you, it’s nice when I can personally thank the server for providing great customer care to our clients. Thank you again for being a loyal patron. Not only do you come back year after year but you take the time to share your experience with others on trip advisor, we can ask for better clients.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Misiones continues to be our "go to" restaurant when in Cabo. The food is great and the service is excellent. The owner Israel is a nice guy would loves to come by to talk.
But where to begin with food recommendations, these are all excellent and worth tasting; the tortilla soup, coconut shrimp, jalapeno poppers (not very spicy) , chilpallla garlic sauce on the fish of the day, fish of the day with a chipotle and red wine reduced sauce etc etc etc. You can't go wrong with any of the dishes. Dinner for 2 is about $75US with appetizers, drinks and main course.

Thanks George, we really appreciate your business. We are honored to be your go to restaurant when you guys are in Cabo, it means a lot to us. We look forward to seeing you again when you return. It sounds like you have sampled our menu thoroughly. Thank you again for always coming into see us, and for going above and beyond and recommending us to others on trip advisor, we couldn’t be where we are today without clients like you.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

The Chilpalla sauce is a must have. It’s a great cream sauce with spice, but not too much. They have a variety of great tasting food and the staff was friendly and engaged. And don’t forget the fried ice cream for dessert! What a great experience!

Thank you so much for coming in and dining with us, we know there are many options here in Cabo San Lucas so we are very grateful for your business. I’m glad that you enjoyed our secret garlic sauce, it is an old family recipe that has been passed down generation to generation and now I have had the privilege to share it with others. I hope that we will be able to serve you again when you return to Cabo. Thank you again

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was referred to us by Jim at Blue Sky. After spending a few days spending $$$$ at fancy hotels, I was finally able to enjoy at delicious meal at a reasonable price. The Blue Crab in special sauce was addicting and all the food we had was very tasty. We had a party of 8 with 4 kids and all the servers were friendly and attentive. We were full before our entrees came and but we still had to have dessert. Bananas flambe and fried ice cream was amazing. A bit off the main streets but only a 10 minute walk from the Marina but it was worth the walk.
We will definitely be back when we come back to Cabo.

I will have to personally thank Jim for recommending the restaurant to you guys. We are honored to hear that we were the best meal you had in Cabo, there is excellent culinary cuisine here in Cabo San Lucas so that is a true compliment. I am glad that you and your family enjoy dining with us and were able to leave room for dessert and a show. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to beautiful Cabo San Lucas. Thank you again for your support of the restaurant by recommending us to others on trip advisor.