“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC”

Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The best casual restaurant in Cabo with a big palapa, swimming pool and ocean view, we have the traditional steam lobster tail for 19.95 usd, steaks, sea food, salads, and Mexican food.Villa Serena has breakfast, lunch and dinner, open from 7:00 am to 10:00pm. Have a live music from Tuesday to Sunday 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm with Jaime Martinez guitar player.
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I'm reading the other reviews and wondering if they are talking about the same place. We were there last night for the $20 lobster special and my wife and I had mexican food. My brother and his girlfriend got the special and the plate has three small tails with all the sides. They said "great". My wife had two Chili Rellenos that were huge and absolutely great!!! ( we had one the next morning). I got the Mexican combination with one Relleno, a chicken enchilada, a small tostada, some thin sliced steak and rice, beans and guacamole. It was great also. Three Grande margaritas, two beers, and one ice tea. The total bill was $122 so out with tip for $140.
Also, the live music was unreal! He's apparently been there for years and plays latin music, bossa nova and Cat Stevens like you can't believe. And yes, my wife loves Cat Stevens. The place has a pool and tables under three large palapas closer to the view. The full moon rise was incredible. The restaurant orients due south so the sunset is obscured.
And the service......top shelf. They bring out lobster that was fresh, along with fresh fish and steaks. The huge lobster was $150 (the size of my forearm and hand) and a smaller (but still huge) was $130...we didn't order those. They were attentive without hovering and all meals were hot direct from the kitchen. When we were done, I asked how we would order transport. He said, "No problem" and as we were just sitting after the meal, he came and said our taxi van was ready. All in all, a very gracious evening. I will include pictures when we return.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We were given a voucher to this restaurant for attending the presentation. The amount of the voucher was $200.00 for four people. We went to dinner we were given a menu . The menu prices were in pesos but this was not a problem because we were able to figure out pesos to US. We had four drinks and four entrées. I had red snapper my husband had steak and lobster the other gentleman had steak and lobster and my friend had a combo of shrimp fish and lobster. Our bill came up to $601. On the menu and the prices were not this high for the items that we chose. The food was delicious but I don't understand how our bill came up to $601. We tried discuss the bill with the restaurant but they insisted that that's what our bill. It was misrepresented on the menu. So my advice is to be careful about what you order and make sure you are ordering from the menu and not some specialty menu without prices listed.

2  Thank Gwendolyn W
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Went there for our 10th year anniversary and was very disappointed. Got the $90 lobster and it was almost unetable because it was so over cooked. The porterhouse I got was cold and for $30 we got 5 shrimps. Prices are way to high for what you get. And on top of that at the end of the meal they were trying to tell me I did the math wrong on adding up our bill. Got charged an extra $20 because of it. I let it go but I don't appreciate people taking advantage of me when I know my math was correct. Very disappointed in the whole experience. Was looking forward to a nice dinner for our anniversary and it ended up just getting me frustrated. Food was mediocre for the price, had better tasting food at the mall down the street from there.

1  Thank Mariana r
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

This is off the beaten path. (Down a dirt road)and the view is amazing. The food was great offering Mexican, steaks and great selection of seafood. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars was the evidence of wear in the table settings and chairs. Piña colada was bueno.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We've eaten here several times as we've stayed in rental homes in neighborhoods near it for our last two trips to Cabo. The restaurant has an amazing view of the Sea of Cortez and you can often see whales spouting and playing in the ocean. The food is great and everything we've had there has been tasty. It's traditional Mexican with a few more American options as well. Their staff is always super helpful and friendly and though we didn't have one ... their table side Mexican coffee prep is pretty spectacular. It is a bit out of the way from town so you'll have to take a bus or taxi to get there but it's worth the trip.

1  Thank sarawhite