Lowest prices for your stay
US$206
View deal
Free cancellation until 07/08/21
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$206
All reviews residents lounge loch fyne dining room loch view room steak pie food was amazing lovely hotel staff were all very friendly first class room was large local produce few drinks beautiful view both nights many places warm welcome porridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

We were really pleased to return to our favourite hotel, after the long drawn out lock down. We never fail to be satisfied with the lovely room that is given to us for our dog occupancy, great views with lovely homely touches. We felt very Safe in the environment given the current situation. Food and service were outstanding. Thank you to all of the staff.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

I was staying in a local cottage for a few days and was excited to go back to The Creggans as i had eaten there about a decade ago and it was fantastic. I took my 2 kids age 9 and 11 for a bar meal. I cannot describe how poor the food was. I would go so far as to say it was utterly disgusting. My kids ordered chicken nuggets and chips - which are hard to do wrong...but they managed. The batter was gloopy and stodgy with an odd taste and the chips revolting and, even by my children's broad standards... inedible. I ordered scallops for a starter that were expensive- and similarly revolting and not at all how they were described on the menu. I then ordered a burger - again difficult to do wrong- but they managed to make it revolting - even the bun was stale.
To top it off service was extremely slow and shoddy and the bill at the end was nearly 60 quid.
I cannot describe how disappointed i was with this experience.

I fail to see how the owners can not be aware how poor the food and service are and why they have not reflected on previous similar feedback on tripadvisor.

The Creggans is a lovely building in a lovely part of the world and has a great history. It is in everyones interests that it serves good food and gets good reviews. How they could get simple bar food so wrong to the point of it being practically inedible is beyond me.

The way that the hotel and food is marketed is really good and i would love for it to live up to what it promises...but my experience really was utterly dreadful and with regret i will not be returning any time soon.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dubliner666
Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

Thank you to all the team at Creggans for looking aft us so well during our stay.

This is a characterful property with some gorgeous period features and stunning loch views.

The bedroom was large and very comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. There are lounge areas on each floor to relax in.

Yes the floors creak and the plumbing rattles but that is the nature of this type of building.

The location is perfect for exploring this beautiful area.

Like many places, the menu has been reduced but we enjoyed all of our meals which were served with politeness and efficiency by the restaurant team.

If you love a traditional hotel with a few quirks then this is the place for you!

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 22 September 2020

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a wonderful time. The location is stunning. The hotel staff were all lovely and couldn't do enough for you.
The food was excellent, great menu for breakfast and dinner.
We had a loch view room which was very spacious, clean and the shower was great.
The Covid-19 measures put in place were extremely adequate and made you feel very safe.
Great base for a beautiful part of the country.Will definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

If you want to pay a lot of money to stay in a sub standard dated scruffy place with inedible food but think it's worth it for a view then this is your place.
Stay in any of the lovely hotels and B&Bs in Inverary with lovely walks bars and places of Interest and give this dank awful place a miss.

Date of stay: September 2020