Lowest prices for your stay
US$108
Free cancellation until 29/09/21
Expedia.comUS$108
Priceline
eDreamsUS$108
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2020

Everything was really very good! The hotel is nice, the room was very cosy, clean and convenient. The location is also very good, as it is near by the main street. The staff was really excellent. Very helpful and friendly, ready to help all the time. The breakfast was very tasty, everything was fresh and delicious. The menu of the hotel restaurant is really good and they also have the very nice millesimato (kind of prosecco). The swimming pool is quite big and there’s quite a lot of space around it, so you can stay a bit further away from the other guests. Grazie! We will definitely choose the hotel if we would be around in the area.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lina L
Massimiliano Skocaj, Direttore generale at Hotel Franz, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2020

Dear Mrs. Lina,
thank you so much for choosing the Franz and for your time in writing this wonderful review!
We really care of our guest satisfaction, trying to surprise them and offering a superior level in each of our services.
It will be a pleasure for me to extend your compliments to the entire staff of each department, from the front office to breakfast, from our restaurant to the maintenance of our garden with swimming pool!
I really hope to wellcome you again the soonest here @ Franz, in the heart of Gradisca d'Isonzo!
With a Glass of Prosecco millesimato, of course......

Reviewed 23 October 2019

We are experienced hotel guests and have experienced a great deal, but rarely the warm, pleasant and professional service we experienced in meeting all the staff at Hotel Franz. Lovely hotel, quiet great surroundings, fantastic menu and restaurant. All in all, a very pleasant experience, and we will return.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 19 October 2019

What a fabulous hotel. It has everything. My room was just perfect and large. The hotel staff could not be friendlier, right throughout the hotel. The pool and bar area are just wonderful. The service we had could not be bettered.
We were weary after a long day hiking the Alpe Adria and were well looked after. I even managed to get a very early breakfast and coffee, as I wanted to set-off early the following day. I will revisit Gradisca again and will definitely be stopping at Hotel Franz. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 1 October 2019

I stayed here last year and the comments I made then still hold good. It is a very clean and well maintained hotel. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a very good Italian spread. I ate in the restaurant once and is still good but this time I felt the menu seemed a little pretentious. I would have preferred something a bit more traditional Italian. I had belly pork that was too fatty for my liking and needed cooking for a lot longer. The house wine was excellent. Wifi worked well in various parts of the premises. The hotel is not perfect but the many important positive aspects far outweigh the very few minor negatives. I will probably use this hotel on my visit next year.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 8 July 2019

I stayed at the Franz for a wine visit to the Collio. The hotel was very clean, the breakfasts are bountiful and not to be missed. I had not realized the history behind the town, Gradisca d'Isonzo and I strongly suggest to walk around and explore the town. The hotel is well situated, has a lovely pool though I didn't use it and a great hub to visit all the winemakers in the area and go hiking in the beautiful countryside.

Date of stay: May 2019