“Food ok, place is dirty, the service bad...”
Review of Delilah's Place

Delilah's Place
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Nong Khiaw
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Seems to be the backpacker place...service is non existent and the place is very dirty. The cake was tasty though, the coffee average. Not a recommendation.

Hamish_Laos, Owner at Delilah's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thankyou for your review...i try to have my place clean.tables a washed every day and the floor is cleaned.have you ever lived in laos with dust dogs and people constantly making a mess....sorry my coffee is average you obviously hadnt had a bad coffee to much then my coffee is great..its the most expensive coffee i can buy....
Thankyou for your revirew i will keep trying to have my poor uneducated staff from a small village give the perfect service and conditions for everyone.....harps

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We didn't stay here but we loved the breakfasts and the movies/puddings - I recommend the banoffee pie!

Thankyou so much for your review.
I am trying here and your review helps a lot..millions of smiles harps

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Went here based on the reviews of good coffee but dodgy service.

Initially ordered a Laos coffee but told they didn't have any. Then tried to get a regular coffee but informed they had no coffee at all.

Ww were not let down by the dodgy service however. There are plenty of staff around but most are lying around and ignore you when trying to ask for service. We were told only the breakfast menu was available despite it being 3pm. This was because the 'chef' could not make the items on the lunch menu which was bizarre as they were mainly sandwiches. As it happens she could only make a couple of things from the breakfast menu too.

To conclude events they initially missed the drinks off the bill but when they realised their mistake tried to rectify this by overcharging us for them

Unsurprisingly, we won't be going back

Hamish_Laos, Owner at Delilah's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thankyou for your review.
I was away during this month.
And any thing goes on.
I try and try to give a great coffee and always have coffee but unfortunately when my machine breaks down my staff instead of fixing it like they can just say no coffee.
They really dont care as they dont drink coffee and dont understand how important a good cup of coffee is...
Sorry for your experience

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I had breakfast here and the eggs were nice and fluffy. Coffee was excellent also. They have this bizarre ordering system where you choose your items on a slip of paper and take it to the back of the kitchen. None of this is obvious. It also doesn't help that the staff in the back are at best unpleasant. However, I actually found the owner pleasant but quirky. He did have an unfortunate tendency to openly argue with staff loudly in front of customers. Awkward at best.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We went there twice, because it seems like one of the few places in Nong Khiaw where the coffee is good, but both of the times we thought the personnel was very unfriendly, rude almost. Don't know whether it was the owner, or someone else who helped us, but we didn't like him.

Couldn't even look you in the eye (kept busy with his phone) while we did the order. He just put our order on the neighbours table, they had to give it through. All of this isn't a problem if you don't get the idea they are doing their best, but the guy was rude, uninterested and unfriendly.

We ordered a lemon pie, for example, which wasn't available. Since you pay while you order, we already did pay for the cake (20.000 KIP). We waited for 15 minutes to give him the chance to give our money back, but he didn't. So than we asked, and he acted surprised (still busy on his cell phone).

I don't like writing an unkind review, since I like to think everyone is trying to do their best, but twice we got the feeling the guy didn't care and wasn't interested in good service at all.

So go for the coffee, that ís good. But don't expect a kind service.