“Interesting. ”

Diego's Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 41 Restaurants in Guaymas
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

I was staying at the Armida hotel waiting for my boat to be finished being worked on and Diegos was close.
Recommended by the front desk of the hotel. Sushi was interesting but not your standard raw seafood.
I took the daily special and it was good.
Certainly filling but it was on small rounds of toast.
Some sort of fish I assume but in a cream cheese of sorts.
When I asked for a beer they asked small or Grande?
I took the Grande and it was huge.
I drank the lot and it was good.
Indigo beer. A dark beer and damn good.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Yep...just like it says...Diego's offers a chicken and bacon sushi. It wasn't bad.
I like my sushi raw and you don't get that here. It's not bad if you like rice balls with cream cheese and shrimp...but that's not sushi to me.
It's a nice, clean place..but I'm saving myself for Seattle.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have eaten here a handful of times over the last few years since it opened. A short walk or a cheap price should not be a reason to eat here. However, obviously at one time or another it was good enough to revisit. My visits are over, yes the service was better than your average service locally.Although, I have walked out many a place waiting here for contact. The last time after realizing the food was declining with each visit, I could not finish. Would normally have ordered more. No different from all the other used to be good restaurants. Just a matter of time until another chef opens to fill the void. adios Diego's.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Went here for my birthday with some Mexican friends. Nice live music and service is good but the Sushi is not recognizable as Sushi. However, I'm from Seattle and our International District has very good Sushi so I'm not easily impressed. I would not go out of my way to visit this place.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is not sushi !!!! They have one type of fish !!! No Sashimi !!! And very limited without taste rolls.