“Quite Possibly the Worst Dining Experience”
Review of chiltepinos

Ranked #30 of 41 Restaurants in Guaymas
Reviewed 23 November 2017

We couldn't find a decent dinner option for us in Guaymas (lots of them in San Carlos) so we opted for this place. We were greeted with loud noise from the TVs. The bar area is not inviting and the place generally run down (take a look at the ceiling). But the absolute worst was the service. Even though my wife speaks Spanish it took several attempts to explain what we wanted (a beer and a vodka soda). The bartender's attentiveness was none existent. After dinner (wings and cheese sticks,which were OK at best) she never bothered to pick up the empty plates. She literally looked at our empty glasses but never asked if we wanted another round. Mind you, the place was empty, maybe 15 guests, but there were about the same number of clueless, not trained waiters and waitresses running around. The service was atrocious.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Quite recently, my beloved wife and I decided to go to the local carnival in Guaymas, Sonora. It was just fun to walk around getting a glimpse on the people's excitement waiting for the parade to start, which was itself pretty boring to be honest.

Afterwards we had an amazingly beautiful walk back home and my wife felt like having a hamburger, so we took on the idea to pay a visit to Chiltepino's, where the boneless and beer are our usual order.

This time it was the hamburgers. Simply lovely, juicy meat and well served. I had the guacamole one and my wife the mushrooms one, and of course the beer.

Everything was super, though the atmosphere is not the attraction here, they have great quality, and football fans might show up to watch a game on tv, I was expecting to get my bill and pay for what we had, I spent 5 minutes trying to get the attention of our waiter, so I got another one to get it, at least that's what I thought.

Time passed by and we were already eager to leave, but no one had brought our check. Man, I want to pay! I feel comfortable saying this, and consuming implies an expense which I enjoy covering since the food was great, so do not take that pleasure away from me just due to your lack of quality service when it comes to say goodbye!

No one told us they liked the view of us sitting there and we are considered VIP'S or something as encouraging so the wait was worth it and we could refill our egos of good buyers.

If you have great quality in your product and a quiet atmosphere for people to be able to enjoy talking, well, be very attentive to your service and the contact to people, for in the end of it all, isthe perfect complement and compliment to us all.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Good place for typical sportsbar food; burgers, sandwiches, finger food etc. very good and smiley service of the girl who had this crazy bunch....

Reviewed 24 November 2012

The beer is cold and the boneless wings are great. We liked the Mango and the Plain.
Good salads too!! I've been back!!

Reviewed 9 January 2009

Good bar food (they are famous for wings), good beer, excellent atmosphere (one of the only places smoking is not allowed inside), and open late. Phone number is [--].

1  Thank terem