All reviews staying at this hotel san miguel great hotel comfortable rooms chilaquiles pool suite wedding
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We had travelled to San Miguel for a wedding and a few of us were staying at this hotel. We found the property to be absolutely amazing, service was wonderful, and location was easy walking distance from any activity we had.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank txnplano1
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

First, let me say that this place is beautiful, well-located, safe and clean. You can't go very wrong in staying here. We got there about 30 min before check-in but there was no issue and they checked us in immediately. Our room was small and the only window went to a sitting area but it still wasn't a big problem. An outside view would have been nice but we really weren't in the room except to sleep. I don't believe that anyone lounged in the sitting area so noise wasn't a problem. The location turned out to be perfect for us....a block to Hidalgo and straight to the Jardin or less than that to called Dr Ignacio hernandez which led to Bellas Artes and many restaurants, etc. My "but" is simply because we didn't like it as well as our hotel in Guanajuato or Morelia - the other 2 cities we visited. Several times we wanted to ask a restaurant staff about its hours. The staff would be gathered but despite our standing at the entrance, looking at them, no one would even speak to us. No one told us anything about the facilities, or made any overtures to us on ways to help. We did love the woman who ran the spa! She was great and even helped us schedule a dentist appt for my husband who was having pain.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank OkieSusan
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Very well located, El Meson is a sleek and charming hotel. The room we stayed in (#14) was quiet with a semi private terrasse on the 3rd floor (no elevator) of the hotel.
The staff is nice and helpful though the staff at the bar and restaurant might not always be as efficient as one could expect in this kind of place. If the breakfast is included in your room plan, you might want to know that the hotel lobby restaurant is closed on weekdays but they send you at no extra charge to a neighboring café. We did our booking directly via their website, it is worth knowing that room rates varies on weekends and weekdays. This information is not clear on their website, and they have a standard exchange rate for Foreign currencies, so if you calculate with the current exchange rate and when you pay the amount varies (usually higher than your calculated amount). The wifi works nice. We were able to skype to Europe.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I stay here every time I visit San Miguel de Allende, the place is beautiful, is a small boutique hotel in the heart of San Miguel, everything is walking distance and is just romantic, the pool has a great ambience the breakfast is really good as well I had chilaquiles wich were delicious, I just love this place and the service is the best, one time I forgot my Iphone and they mail it to my house... they are truly amazing...

Room Tip: Love the room poolside
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank edanaluisa
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

ee stay for one night and as a good option, i found via booking a good deal.
Hotel: small, beauty, great people, mexican deco.
Room: small (15 no window), clean, delicious bed, cable, internet, air conditioning.
Ammenities: water, loccitance shampoos and creams.
Great restaurant near the hotel and of course the magic of San Miguel.
great venue location , confortable rooms and quiet hotel
spa inside, no brrakfast , and dinners, drinks at the lounge

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple