“Luxury and excellent service in San Miguel”
Review of Hotel Dos Casas

Hotel Dos Casas
Reviewed 11 February 2008

Dos Casas Review

Dos Casas turned out to be even better than we expected. We stayed in room 6 (Patio) and it has hardwood floors, a fireplace, wood beamed ceiling, in the true style of San Miguel, doors that open to a tiny balcony overlooking the courtyard where breakfast is served, a very comfortable king size bed, small sofa, great closet space, and a huge flat screen tv with DVD player. All of this is nothing compared to the bathroom. Beautiful natural stone floors and beams on the ceiling frame the luxurious space. The wall to the outside shower is simply a frameless sliding glass door with a shower on either side of it. The glass moves so you can have an open-air bath in the Jacuzzi tub or an open air shower, inside or out. There is also an enclosed indoor shower that functions as a steam room, as well. AND… there is a private roofdeck for this room with a hot tub, chase lounges, a table and chairs with an umbrella, and the best view of San Miguel from any hotel in town.

The location is fantastic, in walking distance of everything and just a couple blocks from nightlife and restaurants. The staff is so attentive… always smiling and helpful. They truly want to do whatever possible to ensure your comfort and happiness.

My only complaints are:
1. The lighting in the bathroom isn’t sufficient. Ladies… if you plan to see just how much blush you’re actually applying to your cheeks, you may want to bring your own lighted makeup mirror. You simply can’t tell with the dim lighting they provide!
2. The shower can make quite a mess of water on the bathroom floor, but it didn’t really bother us. Eventually it made it’s way down the drain… just took a while. In the meantime, we laid down a couple of towels so we didn’t slip on it. The way I see it, imperfect plumbing is an acceptable inconvenience in a town that was founded in the 16th century and has managed to preserve that history.
3. The wireless internet service is pretty patchy. We rarely had a strong enough signal in our room to accomplish anything online.

I can honestly highly recommend this beautiful hotel and wouldn’t hesitate for a second to stay there again in the future. And we do plan to return to San Miguel de Allende. Such a culturally rich and yet laid back and relaxing vacation! Go now!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simplefresh

Reviewed 14 November 2007

Dos Casas was just about everything we wanted! The staff went overboard to do everything for us. Our room with views overlooked the pretty roofs of the city. Room was simple but comfortable with large windows opening to the courtyard. A big plus was the large bathroom with tile tub...ask for El Jardin room, since not all have tubs.

Location is perfect...just a few blocks into el centro & all parts of town. Breakfast everyday was delightful. We looked at lots of other locations & I think I would definitely go back here before Oasis or some other "more Mexican" inns.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2007

My husband and my two year old son where going to san Miguel de Allende for 2 days and we were looking for an hotel with hospitality,very nice and a great service...so I ended up looking at many hotels that weren`t what we were looking for until Dos Casas came along...I booked hoping it was as nice as the pictures on their web site. We got to SMA and it is the best little hotel there! Roman and Mr. Jesus the manager where so kind, friendly and always trying to make us feel at home. We stayed at this great suite called El Patio and had an outside private jacuzzi and in the bathroom there was a shower on the inside with glass frames surrounding and right next to it, you could open this glass door and had one more shower on the outside which was really cool. Their menu doesn`t have too many choices, but it is so nicely presented and the flavor is good. The chefs Gabriela and Lupita make your food just the way you ask them too. Service is way beyond expectation. I must say it it a pricey hotel, but it`s worth it! We would go back to Dos Casas any time!!!
Mrs.Flores

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
Thank hi.claudia
Reviewed 14 December 2006

I just came back from San Miguel , where I am working on a prodject. I has never stayed in a B&B before and didn't know what to expect.
I arrived late Sunday night, to be greeted by Rafeal, the man on staff that evening. He offered me a glass of wine, explained Dos Casas to me ,and asked if there was anything else I needed.
He then took my bags and led the way to my room.
He opened the door, and I was so delighted . I was told thay had just finished redoing this room. It had a Zen feeling to it. There was a fireplace, three showers, one was a steam shower, one was placed in an atriam,and another . The bath also has a wonderful bathtub.
The room had a large flat screen T.V. and a king size bed.
I am going to call them to find out what kind of matress it was because I have never slept so well. I have traveled all over the world staying only in 5 star resorts. I have been to San Miguel many times before. This was truly a wonderful experiance.
In the morning I ordered my coffee to my room. When I was ready for breakfast I went down to a charming dining area and had a choice of many delicious breakfast foods,wonderfuly prepared.
They also just opened a wine bar. I intend to make this exceptional little place my home ,when I need to be back in San Miguel.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank zorro8
Reviewed 26 November 2006

This place is situated right on the corner where most of the local buses turn to go up the hill, and it seems like there's a bus every minute or two. The exhaust permeates everything.

4  Thank mexicha