Dos Casas Review
Dos Casas turned out to be even better than we expected. We stayed in room 6 (Patio) and it has hardwood floors, a fireplace, wood beamed ceiling, in the true style of San Miguel, doors that open to a tiny balcony overlooking the courtyard where breakfast is served, a very comfortable king size bed, small sofa, great closet space, and a huge flat screen tv with DVD player. All of this is nothing compared to the bathroom. Beautiful natural stone floors and beams on the ceiling frame the luxurious space. The wall to the outside shower is simply a frameless sliding glass door with a shower on either side of it. The glass moves so you can have an open-air bath in the Jacuzzi tub or an open air shower, inside or out. There is also an enclosed indoor shower that functions as a steam room, as well. AND… there is a private roofdeck for this room with a hot tub, chase lounges, a table and chairs with an umbrella, and the best view of San Miguel from any hotel in town.
The location is fantastic, in walking distance of everything and just a couple blocks from nightlife and restaurants. The staff is so attentive… always smiling and helpful. They truly want to do whatever possible to ensure your comfort and happiness.
My only complaints are:
1. The lighting in the bathroom isn’t sufficient. Ladies… if you plan to see just how much blush you’re actually applying to your cheeks, you may want to bring your own lighted makeup mirror. You simply can’t tell with the dim lighting they provide!
2. The shower can make quite a mess of water on the bathroom floor, but it didn’t really bother us. Eventually it made it’s way down the drain… just took a while. In the meantime, we laid down a couple of towels so we didn’t slip on it. The way I see it, imperfect plumbing is an acceptable inconvenience in a town that was founded in the 16th century and has managed to preserve that history.
3. The wireless internet service is pretty patchy. We rarely had a strong enough signal in our room to accomplish anything online.
I can honestly highly recommend this beautiful hotel and wouldn’t hesitate for a second to stay there again in the future. And we do plan to return to San Miguel de Allende. Such a culturally rich and yet laid back and relaxing vacation! Go now!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Dos Casas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dos Casas Hotel San Miguel De Allende