All reviews frida kahlo quiet street gauguin room pueblo viejo san miguel most mornings other guests french toast rooftop terrace charming b b owners and staff yogurt every morning comfortable beds delicious breakfast easy walking distance private balcony
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Charming small B & B owned by the Calderoni’s on a quiet street within walking distance to everything you need. You are greeted by friendly staff and shown to an artist inspired room.
Select the Gaudin or OKeefe for a private balcony. Don’t request the Botero, which only has an interior window(no breeze, view or charm).
You will feel at home here. Breakfast is offered each morning @ 9 am. Light buffet with fruit, eggs or French toast. Across the street is one of the best coffee houses in SM. We began our day there for a delicious cappuccino filled w locals.
Ascend to the rooftop terrace for sunrise and watch the hot air balloons floating by. BYO cocktails for sundowners are a lovely retreat as you listen to the city sounds filled w church bells and music of nearby festivities.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My daughter and I stayed here in early October. It is a very pretty place with unique rooms (designed by one of the owners, who is an artist), very close to the town center. The cooked to order breakfast is delicious. The charming owners ate breakfast with us and the other guests; they are a delightful couple!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I love the Casa Calderoni! My aunt comes every year and always stays here. I am so glad I was able to join her this week as it was the perfect place to experience the magical wonders of San Miguel Allende. It is easy walking distance to the center of town. The rooms are beautifully decorated with the owner, Merry Calderoni's gorgeous paintings. Breakfast with the owners is delicious and so fun. The entire place is a fabulous work of art - with every detail for comfort and beauty taken care of. We loved sunsets and watching the fireworks from the lovely rooftop terrace. The staff are wonderful and so attentive. We wouldn't stay any other place in San Miguel. It is my favorite B & B experience ever! Thanks to Merry and Ben Calderoni for a fabulous week!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I had a wonderful 2 night stayed here last weekend. We had to attend a wedding in San Miguel and someone recommended this place.
It is very well kept, super cozy and very clean. Luis at the front desk makes you feel at home. The owners Mr. and Mrs. Calderoni are very nice people and the welcome you every morning with a very delicious breakfast! I would stay there again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I recently stayed here for 5 nights in the Gauguin room. Every room here has an artist's name & theme to it, adding to the charm of the property. Traveling alone, I felt quite safe in this charming home away from home bed & breakfast. The staff are wonderful, and the owners are delightful....welcoming you most mornings to the communal breakfast table. I had the best salsa ranchera I have ever had on my huevos rancheros, and I grew up on Tex Mex food, but there was something so fresh & special about this salsa ranchera! The location was fabulous...so easy to get to the main square of town, El Jardin, and easy to find your way home from anywhere in town. The street it is located on is quiet, but easy to find off of one of the main north/south streets - Relox. I was delighted with this bed & breakfast as well as with the town of San Miguel. They both complemented each other well, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again on my return to San Miguel.

Room Tip: My suggestion for choosing a room is to look at all the pictures on the website as each room is unique.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo