“One of the best coffee places in SMA”

El Cafe de la Mancha
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Coffee brew bar
Description: Coffee brew bar
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I consider myself as a Google maps and Trip Advisor user whenever I am traveling. This time I used GMaps to check where to find “good coffee” in San Miguel de Allende. I read about 3 reviews and they were talking about food more than coffee, only in “Café de la mancha” people talked about coffee and I could saw methods on the pictures. It’s a small and cozy place, the service is great and coffee is, without any doubt, one of the best coffee’s in San Miguel de Allende. I have to say that it’s the very first time I see “Nitro cold brew” sold in Mexico. I tried an aeropress coffee and it was very nice. I will come back any time and I do recommend to visit it.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

best coffee in san miguel...now serving breakfast and lunch as well as fab. brownies by Paloma...we also love the ambience which is enhanced by the very interesting and super friendly clientelle that frequents el cafe...

Reviewed 27 March 2018

One of my favorite places in SMA, a hidden gem for a great coffee or dirty chai, and now offering a tasty breakfast & brunch menu! Lovely family & staff make this a quiet, welcoming & homey stop in the center of town.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Located just off the Jardin (town square), El Cafe de la Mancha is easy to miss, but don't! The tiny cafe features very affordable dishes and delicious beers and margaritas at an amazing price. It's helpful if you go with someone who speaks a bit of Spanish, as the food servers, unlike most of the neighboring area, don't speak English. I went with friends and I enjoyed a savory and generous bowl of pozole and a tangy margarita, I think for the equivalent of $5USD. Charming old-world interior filled with local art.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

A small coffee, sandwich shop in a super centro neighborhood on Recreo near Hospicio. The regulars are artists and other interesting people.