All reviewstapassan miguelnetflixpesoschurchlinensparroquiaamenities
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I live in San Miguel de Allende and there are many good restaurants, but I have only found two that I think are excellent. Casa Blanca is one of them. The decor is elegant; a blend of Moorish arches and cooling broadleaf green plants, shaded indoors and outdoors seating with soft outdoors sunlight corners. We were served green tea with mint in small glasses ( rather like Morocco) and our servers were well informed about the menu. The portions are large, and so it is best to order a few things and share them. The menu offers mediterranean type food. The wine list is a perfect offering, not pages of wines to read through but a great variety. We chose a fava bean hummus with oyster mushrooms, an interesting polenta dish, a salad with mediterranean olives, a cheesy dressing, grape tomatoes and peppers, a toasted flatbread with eggplant caponata, and a spicy crispy broccoli dish. We finished it all between three of us! The food was seasoned perfectly, Even the crisp crackers on the table were homemade and fabulous. The pita bread was also homemade and served hot in a beautiful ceramic serving dish. I realize I am hard to please; I think an excellent restaurant should not be afraid to use herbs and spices, and should tease the customer to wonder in awe of a secret flavor in the meal. From the margarita (made sour as in "the old days") to the rose petal and mango infused tea I had at the end of the meal, my taste buds were astonished. We had their chocolate hazelnut dessert to complete the meal, a very large and dense portion of excellent chocolate devilment that disappeared too quickly. The service was friendly and professional. We had just the right amount of attention at our table. Casa Blanca is not inexpensive, but it was well worth the price and I will save it as a place to go with special friends. I would also recommend it for a celebratory meal or a place to be able to converse. The music was the right volume, and added to our social experience.

Stayed: July 2018
Enrique G, Sales Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca 7, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind comments, It is always a pleasure knowing that our customers leave the hotel/restaurant very happy because of their experience here with us.

We are glad you have such an amazing time; thank you once again for letting us know your comments

We are looking forward to have you again here with us very soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

This is first class. The tapas were exceptional as were the cocktails. The service - even better. Would have been to mention that if you call your alcohol, the price can double. I asked for Hendrick’s gin. The price went from 140 pesos to 250 pesos. My mistake. We will return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Enrique G, Sales Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca 7, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you so much for you kind comment, it is always a pleasure for us knowing that we have exceeded your expectations, all your words makes us very happy and help us to keep doing it juts for one reason, to make our customers and gustes happy when visiting us.

looking forward to see you back very soon.

kins regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Hotel Casa Blanca has incredible food. They must have the best hummus I have had in my life. The atmosphere is super chic and is like candy for the eyes! I would highly recommend breakfast, lunch or dinner at Casa Blanca 7.

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, we are always working very hard to make our customers/guests happy when visiting us.

We look forward to have your back with us very soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel destination is an architectural masterpiece. We stayed for 5 nights and their service combined with their amenities made our business trip a pleasure.
Pros:
1. Location, location, location! The hotel is located centrally across from the church but we never heard a church bell once whilst sleeping.
2. The food is delicious with a unique Moroccan flair. The chef is the same as “The Restaurant” our fav in SMA (presently closed for renovations). The breakfasts are delicious, healthy & plentiful. (They had the freshest & best jugo verde I ever tasted)
3. The Staff were all very helpful and polite...making the stay even better.
4. The beds are super comfortable with first class linens.
5. Opposed to many hotels in Mexico they had a plethora of English tv stations and provided Netflix free of charge.
Cons: Nada
My husband and I will definitely return. Muchas gracias to all who made our stay so special...your names are too numerous to list individually but we appreciated everything!
P.S. I will warn guests not to take a bottle of water with you out for the day. I left the bottle behind after finishing it and they charged us 150 pesos ($8) even though it cost 200 pesos for 5 bottles of the same brand. (Casa del Agua) Maybe they should post a sign saying “do not remove from room”.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank KarolinaSS
Enrique G, Sales Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca 7, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you so much for letting know us about your full experience, It makes us very happy knowing this.
This is your home now, we appreciate your comments and looking forward to have you again at some point in a short future.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Found the hotel walking in the San Miguel and got drawn by the beauty of the building. Went in and the staff were so detailed of what we could expect from the menu and we decided to taste it. I can’ t describe the flavours, wouldn’t do them justice. Absolutely amazing food, cocktails and service in an elegant tasteful location. Recomended 1000%

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank FarAway758859
Enrique G, Sales Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca 7, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

We are looking forward to have you again here with us soon.