“Best Food and pastries in Tampico!”
Review of El Itacate

El Itacate
Ranked #6 of 152 Restaurants in Tampico
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

There are lots of places with good food in Tampico but El Itacate is the Best! Went there for the first time 3/26 and had to go again in 3/27... Amazing food! I especially enjoyed their Milanesa de Pollo Ranchera. That's like breaded chicken breast in a slightly spicy sauce with potatoes..
Also tried their Tortilla Soup and pastries and everything I tried was very tasty. We also shared the Queso Fundido with mushrooms and it was great just like the rest. Very clean and modern place! We certainly will go back there when we are back in Tampico in December.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

It is a nice place, climate, and the best of this place are the "bisquetes", I haven't found any similar in all México, they can be served with strawberry marmalade, or simply with butter.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

My wife and I visited El Itacate this past week in March 2015. It was a Sunday evening around 8pm and restaurant was crowded! Jam packed and filled with families of all ages. The place is a nice decent size place with booths and tables. There is a bakery side and the restaurant side. The food and service was perfect. I had the entomatadas with Chicken. They were fantastic! They were made just the way my mom use to make them. My wife ordered the gorditas. All our food was cooked to perfection. For a desert, my wife and I ordered coffee and split a concha. The sweet roll was soft, fresh, and tasty. We had a very pleasant experience!!!! I would come here again!!!!

Reviewed 18 February 2015

I really did not try anything from the restaurant. all we got was the bread basket.. but OMG this was really really good. amazing

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Nothing excellent about it. Food is over priced and very plain. Terrible arroz con pollo y queso. Just OK service.