Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews slieve bloom mountains scones beautiful house homemade brown bread an excellent host kinnitty castle base to explore perfect base wonderful stay great cook brownie greeted us warmly the bed was extremely comfortable sitting room the pub wished we could have stayed longer an adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a very clean, nice B&B. Its location to the slieve Bloom mountains and kinnitty castle is perfect. I was there mountain biking. The rental bikes are on site at this B&B. The Pikeman brewery is practically across the road. Cafe is located just down from the brewery. With another pub in the village that serves pizza. Kinnitty castle is located just down the road @ the trailhead. The castle welcomes mountain bikers and hikers for lunch. The host Chis is a great cook, her scones and breakfast are the best! I can’t wait to go back next summer. So if your looking for some genuine Irish hospitality, stay @ the Ardmore country house.

Room tip: Pikeman’s brewery only accepts cash. All other establishments accepts cards.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you Greg for the lovely review. looking forward to your return visit next summer.

Reviewed 11 October 2022

partner booked this bnb looked nice originally but the host was SO rude during our stay. worried leaving this review as she leaves such defensive replies to the ones she doesn't like but has to be said. house was fine, not the cleanest and lots of cobwebs/dust everywhere but it is in the countrysode so fine. hot water was not very good. breakfast was ok. we felt the whole time like we were an inconvenience or in the way and I didnt relax until we left, we spoke to 2 other guests at breakfast and they said the same that the host was rude to them as well

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank priorsy_2020
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2022

Yes of course I am defensive about my reputation, who isn’t? I put my heart and soul into my business looking after guests to the best of my ability for over 26 years and will continue to do so. Reading my reviews readers can see 99% of guests really appreciate what I do and thankfully enjoy their stay here with me as I do with them.

You claim you stayed here 7 months ago. If your experience is authentic why wait for 7 months to write this? Of course one can find faults everywhere if you go looking for them. None of us or nothing is perfect, but I will keep doing my best.

Reviewed 6 October 2022 via mobile

I can't recommend Ardmore Country House highly enough. I stayed there last weekend with a group of friends. It is a beautiful period residence decorated with exquosite antique furniture and artwork. The bedrooms are also tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The ensuite bathrooms are spotlessly clean and the extensive gardens are full of lavender and roses. Delicious home cooked breakfasts are served in the charming period dining room. The location is ideal for exploring the Slieve Blooms' hiking and mountain biking trails. It's a short walk to the village of Kinnity where you can enjoy delicious craft beers in the Slieve Blooms brewery bar and tasty pizzas in Giltraps. Chris is an incredible host; she's great craic, an accomplished cook and goes to great lengths to make your stay a unforgettable experience. I'll definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

It was a pleasure to host you and your friends. I am delighted you enjoyed staying here and the Slieve Bloom Mountain Biking and Walking trails. looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay with some friends in Ardmore Country House. The house and grounds are fabulous! Comfy beds, great showers. Breakfast was delightful, way better than a hotel breakfast. Chris catered for our every need and gave us lots of information about the local hikes. Can’t wait to come back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. I really appreciate it. Lots more great walks in the Slieve Bloom Mountains. Take care until next time

Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful stay with friends in Ardmore Country House. Chis has a beautiful house, breakfast top class, very welcoming and helpful. Location is perfect for hiking and mountain biking and enjoying the friendly village atmosphere, local Cafe and local pubs. I would highly recommend and hope to be back soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

It was lovely to have you back again Deirdre. Thank you so much for recommending me to your friends. I enjoyed having them stay and really appreciate the great review.