Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews slieve bloom mountains scones beautiful house homemade brown bread an excellent host kinnitty castle base to explore perfect base wonderful stay great cook brownie greeted us warmly the bed was extremely comfortable sitting room the pub wished we could have stayed longer an adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2022

partner booked this bnb looked nice originally but the host was SO rude during our stay. worried leaving this review as she leaves such defensive replies to the ones she doesn't like but has to be said. house was fine, not the cleanest and lots of cobwebs/dust everywhere but it is in the countrysode so fine. hot water was not very good. breakfast was ok. we felt the whole time like we were an inconvenience or in the way and I didnt relax until we left, we spoke to 2 other guests at breakfast and they said the same that the host was rude to them as well

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank priorsy_2020
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2022

Yes of course I am defensive about my reputation, who isn’t? I put my heart and soul into my business looking after guests to the best of my ability for over 26 years and will continue to do so. Reading my reviews readers can see 99% of guests really appreciate what I do and thankfully enjoy their stay here with me as I do with them.

You claim you stayed here 7 months ago. If your experience is authentic why wait for 7 months to write this? Of course one can find faults everywhere if you go looking for them. None of us or nothing is perfect, but I will keep doing my best.

Reviewed 6 October 2022 via mobile

I can't recommend Ardmore Country House highly enough. I stayed there last weekend with a group of friends. It is a beautiful period residence decorated with exquosite antique furniture and artwork. The bedrooms are also tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The ensuite bathrooms are spotlessly clean and the extensive gardens are full of lavender and roses. Delicious home cooked breakfasts are served in the charming period dining room. The location is ideal for exploring the Slieve Blooms' hiking and mountain biking trails. It's a short walk to the village of Kinnity where you can enjoy delicious craft beers in the Slieve Blooms brewery bar and tasty pizzas in Giltraps. Chris is an incredible host; she's great craic, an accomplished cook and goes to great lengths to make your stay a unforgettable experience. I'll definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

It was a pleasure to host you and your friends. I am delighted you enjoyed staying here and the Slieve Bloom Mountain Biking and Walking trails. looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay with some friends in Ardmore Country House. The house and grounds are fabulous! Comfy beds, great showers. Breakfast was delightful, way better than a hotel breakfast. Chris catered for our every need and gave us lots of information about the local hikes. Can’t wait to come back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. I really appreciate it. Lots more great walks in the Slieve Bloom Mountains. Take care until next time

Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful stay with friends in Ardmore Country House. Chis has a beautiful house, breakfast top class, very welcoming and helpful. Location is perfect for hiking and mountain biking and enjoying the friendly village atmosphere, local Cafe and local pubs. I would highly recommend and hope to be back soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

It was lovely to have you back again Deirdre. Thank you so much for recommending me to your friends. I enjoyed having them stay and really appreciate the great review.

Reviewed 20 August 2022

A few of us recently stayed in the Chris's wonderful B&B whilst we trekked the Slieve bloom way.

It was the perfect base for such an adventure and a truly warm environment that one would require after a long day hiking.

The B&B is perfect for anyone's needs, from a lovely hot breakfast in the morning (THE SCONES!!!) to the incredibly comfortable beds. I've seen people complain about the shower size but all of my family are all over 6ft (apart from Stephen he's only 5'11" ) and we had zero problems with it. Some people just like a moan.

What sets this B&B apart from most was Chris. She is not only helpful with everything that a guest would need. But she is a warm and welcoming lady who makes you feel truley welcome in her home. We all had great chats with her and even shared a drink as she regaled us of her tales of travel. You'd be remiss not to spend a few hours in Chris's company.

I look forward to staying here again. And I know you will too once you've stayed.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely comments. It was great to meet you guys and share my knowledge of the wonderful Slieve Blooms.