Orbitz.com
Vio.com
Destinia.com
Etrip
StayForLong
All reviews slieve bloom mountains scones beautiful house homemade brown bread an excellent host kinnitty castle base to explore perfect base wonderful stay great cook brownie greeted us warmly the bed was extremely comfortable sitting room the pub wished we could have stayed longer an adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful stay with friends in Ardmore Country House. Chis has a beautiful house, breakfast top class, very welcoming and helpful. Location is perfect for hiking and mountain biking and enjoying the friendly village atmosphere, local Cafe and local pubs. I would highly recommend and hope to be back soon.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2022

It was lovely to have you back again Deirdre. Thank you so much for recommending me to your friends. I enjoyed having them stay and really appreciate the great review.

Reviewed 20 August 2022

A few of us recently stayed in the Chris's wonderful B&B whilst we trekked the Slieve bloom way.

It was the perfect base for such an adventure and a truly warm environment that one would require after a long day hiking.

The B&B is perfect for anyone's needs, from a lovely hot breakfast in the morning (THE SCONES!!!) to the incredibly comfortable beds. I've seen people complain about the shower size but all of my family are all over 6ft (apart from Stephen he's only 5'11" ) and we had zero problems with it. Some people just like a moan.

What sets this B&B apart from most was Chris. She is not only helpful with everything that a guest would need. But she is a warm and welcoming lady who makes you feel truley welcome in her home. We all had great chats with her and even shared a drink as she regaled us of her tales of travel. You'd be remiss not to spend a few hours in Chris's company.

I look forward to staying here again. And I know you will too once you've stayed.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely comments. It was great to meet you guys and share my knowledge of the wonderful Slieve Blooms.

Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

Location was good for the event we were attending at the Castle; room was large and spacious. Water pressure in the shower is great!
However: cleanliness in parts was not the best - shower flooded due to the amount of hair in the drain and the water bottle lid was covered in black mould.
The room was very good in terms of value, but (and I say this hesitantly given the rather cutting replies to any critical reviews), our welcome was not particularly warm. We had emailed the host prior to booking to confirm that we would be arriving half an hour later than the 7pm check in cutoff and were assured it was fine; however we received a phone call asking for our ETA (not sure if this email had been forgotten as sent several months prior). However upon arrival the host seemed quite hassled with us.
We were also pressured several times to pay in cash which we were not comfortable with. We were chastised as the card payment app “takes a percentage” and told to drive to Birr (a 30 minute round-trip) to get cash out. We refused and felt this put a dampener on the trip.
One more thing (which may be personal preference) but we locked our bedroom, and whilst we were out, someone came in to make the bed. I think it would be a nice touch to check before entering a locked bedroom (eg in hotels you can put a housekeeping request on the doorknob).
I’d say for the price paid the venue was fine, but I did not feel particularly welcome during my stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank monominnie
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2022

I am very distressed and upset by your remarks as to the cleanliness of my home which I am very particular about. Clearly the picture you posted of the hair in the shower drain was taken after you showered as the floor is wet, suds and water droplets as well as lots of hair are clearly visible on the drain outlet. You did not receive the room in that condition.

The rubber seal on the water bottle caps are steeped in Milton daily but that obviously does not remove the stain. They may be unsightly but not harmful. For this reason I have now disposed of them.

I’m sorry if you did not find me welcoming. Ardmore Country House is my home which I operate as a bed and breakfast and mostly have a pleasurable experience with guests who stay. It’s a two way interaction. I saw very little of you during your 2 day stay here while you were attending a wedding at the local hotel. You were in a rush out as soon as you arrived, did not accept the refreshments you were offered, did not have breakfast any morning so I did not get much opportunity to chat with you.
My apologies if you felt pressured on the method of payment, it was not my intention. You were adamant you wanted to pay by card as you remarked you needed to show the cost of the visit as an expense. I accepted that.

I did receive an email from you to say you would be here around 7pm but I checked your booking form which said you would arrive at 4pm and I forgot about your email. My apologies for that. There are times when guests following Google maps or Sat Navigation have problems with directions as it takes them on a longer route over the top of the mountain on a very narrow road. Most guests welcome my call for reassurance.

If guests don’t want their room serviced they will usually tell me. Otherwise I will knock on the door to check if there is anyone inside and if not then I enter to service the room. This I believe is the standard procedure. In your case I am glad that I did as even though you were out for the day lights were left on.

I appreciate that you expressed your happiness with the location, the price and the water pressure.

Reviewed 3 August 2022 via mobile

Beautiful house with all the facilities required for a one-night stay. Christine was such a lovely host and provided great recommendations. Also provided us with tea and cake on arrival. Breakfast of a full Irish, cereals and scones was delicious. Would definitely stay again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2022

Thank you very much for your lovely review. i really appreciate it. It was lovely to host you in y home.

Reviewed 1 August 2022

Recently stayed with Chris in her beautiful b&b while attending a nearby wedding. So friendly & accommodating. House and rooms were beautiful, bed very comfortable and water pressure in shower was amazing. Excellent breakfast also.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed the hospitality and my home.