Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews slieve bloom mountains scones beautiful house homemade brown bread an excellent host kinnitty castle base to explore perfect base wonderful stay great cook brownie greeted us warmly the bed was extremely comfortable sitting room the pub wished we could have stayed longer an adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

Location was good for the event we were attending at the Castle; room was large and spacious. Water pressure in the shower is great!
However: cleanliness in parts was not the best - shower flooded due to the amount of hair in the drain and the water bottle lid was covered in black mould.
The room was very good in terms of value, but (and I say this hesitantly given the rather cutting replies to any critical reviews), our welcome was not particularly warm. We had emailed the host prior to booking to confirm that we would be arriving half an hour later than the 7pm check in cutoff and were assured it was fine; however we received a phone call asking for our ETA (not sure if this email had been forgotten as sent several months prior). However upon arrival the host seemed quite hassled with us.
We were also pressured several times to pay in cash which we were not comfortable with. We were chastised as the card payment app “takes a percentage” and told to drive to Birr (a 30 minute round-trip) to get cash out. We refused and felt this put a dampener on the trip.
One more thing (which may be personal preference) but we locked our bedroom, and whilst we were out, someone came in to make the bed. I think it would be a nice touch to check before entering a locked bedroom (eg in hotels you can put a housekeeping request on the doorknob).
I’d say for the price paid the venue was fine, but I did not feel particularly welcome during my stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank monominnie
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2022

I am very distressed and upset by your remarks as to the cleanliness of my home which I am very particular about. Clearly the picture you posted of the hair in the shower drain was taken after you showered as the floor is wet, suds and water droplets as well as lots of hair are clearly visible on the drain outlet. You did not receive the room in that condition.

The rubber seal on the water bottle caps are steeped in Milton daily but that obviously does not remove the stain. They may be unsightly but not harmful. For this reason I have now disposed of them.

I’m sorry if you did not find me welcoming. Ardmore Country House is my home which I operate as a bed and breakfast and mostly have a pleasurable experience with guests who stay. It’s a two way interaction. I saw very little of you during your 2 day stay here while you were attending a wedding at the local hotel. You were in a rush out as soon as you arrived, did not accept the refreshments you were offered, did not have breakfast any morning so I did not get much opportunity to chat with you.
My apologies if you felt pressured on the method of payment, it was not my intention. You were adamant you wanted to pay by card as you remarked you needed to show the cost of the visit as an expense. I accepted that.

I did receive an email from you to say you would be here around 7pm but I checked your booking form which said you would arrive at 4pm and I forgot about your email. My apologies for that. There are times when guests following Google maps or Sat Navigation have problems with directions as it takes them on a longer route over the top of the mountain on a very narrow road. Most guests welcome my call for reassurance.

If guests don’t want their room serviced they will usually tell me. Otherwise I will knock on the door to check if there is anyone inside and if not then I enter to service the room. This I believe is the standard procedure. In your case I am glad that I did as even though you were out for the day lights were left on.

I appreciate that you expressed your happiness with the location, the price and the water pressure.

Reviewed 3 August 2022 via mobile

Beautiful house with all the facilities required for a one-night stay. Christine was such a lovely host and provided great recommendations. Also provided us with tea and cake on arrival. Breakfast of a full Irish, cereals and scones was delicious. Would definitely stay again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2022

Thank you very much for your lovely review. i really appreciate it. It was lovely to host you in y home.

Reviewed 1 August 2022

Recently stayed with Chris in her beautiful b&b while attending a nearby wedding. So friendly & accommodating. House and rooms were beautiful, bed very comfortable and water pressure in shower was amazing. Excellent breakfast also.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed the hospitality and my home.

Reviewed 23 July 2022 via mobile

With 4 friends we stayed 4 nights while walking the Slieve Blooom Way. Even before we arrived Chris ensured our stay would be trouble-free, giving us information to arrange a local taxi to bring & collect us from trail-heads each day as well as places to book to eat in evenings. Rooms were spotlessly clean, roomy, quiet & very comfortable. On arrival Chris made time to greet us with a welcome cuppa & Brownie, even though this coincided with the final exciting minutes of Limerick v Kilkenny final hurling match. Everything was perfect…Chris even made space to store our picnic supply boxes in her fridge. Before leaving and commenting on the beautiful display of Lavender in fragrant & full bloom in her garden she generously gave me a bunch…so my memory of my stay in Kinnitty lives on.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2022

Thank you Anne for taking the time to write this lovely review. I really appreciate your kind remarks. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and walking the Slieve Bloom Way.It was a pleasure to host you all.

Reviewed 19 July 2022

I had a wonderful stay here for a friend's wedding at nearby Kinnitty Castle. Chris made me feel very welcome and my room was super clean, comfortable and quiet. The shower was absolutely amazing - as was the breakfast!

Date of stay: May 2022
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2022

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.