Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews slieve bloom mountains scones beautiful house homemade brown bread an excellent host kinnitty castle base to explore perfect base wonderful stay great cook brownie greeted us warmly the bed was extremely comfortable sitting room the pub wished we could have stayed longer an adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2022

Recently stayed with Chris in her beautiful b&b while attending a nearby wedding. So friendly & accommodating. House and rooms were beautiful, bed very comfortable and water pressure in shower was amazing. Excellent breakfast also.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2022

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed the hospitality and my home.

Reviewed 23 July 2022 via mobile

With 4 friends we stayed 4 nights while walking the Slieve Blooom Way. Even before we arrived Chris ensured our stay would be trouble-free, giving us information to arrange a local taxi to bring & collect us from trail-heads each day as well as places to book to eat in evenings. Rooms were spotlessly clean, roomy, quiet & very comfortable. On arrival Chris made time to greet us with a welcome cuppa & Brownie, even though this coincided with the final exciting minutes of Limerick v Kilkenny final hurling match. Everything was perfect…Chris even made space to store our picnic supply boxes in her fridge. Before leaving and commenting on the beautiful display of Lavender in fragrant & full bloom in her garden she generously gave me a bunch…so my memory of my stay in Kinnitty lives on.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2022

Thank you Anne for taking the time to write this lovely review. I really appreciate your kind remarks. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and walking the Slieve Bloom Way.It was a pleasure to host you all.

Reviewed 19 July 2022

I had a wonderful stay here for a friend's wedding at nearby Kinnitty Castle. Chris made me feel very welcome and my room was super clean, comfortable and quiet. The shower was absolutely amazing - as was the breakfast!

Date of stay: May 2022
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2022

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 19 July 2022

Ardmore House is an absolutely fantastic place to stay in a great location along the Slieve Bloom Mountain Trail. The price was really affordable and great value for money.

The choice of breakfast was great and Chris, our host, couldn't have been anymore accommodating. At 6’4 the rooms and facilities were brilliant and after a long day walking on the trail it was fantastic to come back and relax in this beautifully restored home.

We had two lovely pubs less than 2 minutes walk plus a beautiful little coffee shop that sold hot food.

I would recommend Ardmore House to anyone looking to enjoy a great breakaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Chris also helped us arrange transfers to the various drop off locations along the Slieve Bloom Trail which was one less thing for us to worry about.

Chris is an absolute lady, friendly and kind and always willing to help. It was a privilege to stay at her beautiful home and I look forward to returning in the future.

Date of stay: July 2022

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. It is so rewarding when guests appreciate the effort I put in to making guests stay as comfortable as possible. Glad you enjoyed the lovely village of Kinnitty and the Slieve bloom Way.

Reviewed 16 July 2022 via mobile

House was lovely. Very clean and beautifully restored. However, the host was a bit cranky. From our first interaction with unnecessary comments about the luggage to knocking on our door in the morning and scolding us for being 2 minutes late to breakfast, interactions with the host were disappointing. Breakfast times were dictated to our group rather than offered. For being a hospitality professional, the warmth and welcome was lacking.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank trstravels1217
Christina Byrne, Owner at Ardmore Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2022

Sorry you found me unwelcoming. For sure when I met you outside at your car I expressed amazement at the huge amount of luggage you had but my apologies if it offended you. What I was thinking was if it was me I don't know how I would carry it all.
I invited you in to the house and showed you to your rooms. Then when you had settled in your rooms I offered complimentary tea/coffee and home baking to each of you but you declined. Your Mum and your partner had tea in the garden with me and we had a lovely time chatting. Later on your Dad came in the kitchen for ice for cocktails he was making which I gave him. We chatted about relatives he had in the locality. As both you and your partner were working on line while travelling I offered that you could use the sitting area downstairs as it would be quiet for you.
With regards breakfast times , since Covid it is necessary to space out breakfast times for everyone's safety. I had other guests staying who arrived before you. They chose to have breakfast at 8.30am and 9.00am. Your party were offered a choice of times either 8.00am or 9.30. Your Dad chose 8.00am as he said he would like to get an early start. Your parents arrived at the appointed time for breakfast. When you hadn't come down 10 minutes later I knocked on your bedroom door and said "breakfast time" My apologies if you considered that scolding.