2 people are viewing this hotel
US$497
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
US$586
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$586
US$471
Hotels.comUS$497
PricelineUS$586
Orbitz.comUS$497
All reviews hot tub gazebo bar lovely staff amazing place family holiday gated entrance restaurants and shops floor apartment the upper floors up to date beach resort concierge island turtles accommodation coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2018

We've just returned from a stay at St Peters Bay and it was the perfect group getaway. We had Villa 204, which has a nice view and a private elevator for easy access to the beach. The Villa was fully equipped and great for a group of friends with 3 good size en suite bedrooms, a large living area, Kitchen and utility area with a washer & dryer. The outside terrace had a large table for eating outside, a comfy lounging area & a Hot Tub and perfect for breakfast or cocktails. When we showed up, there were basics already stocked so two hungry teenagers had grilled cheese sandwiches and were able to enjoy the late afternoon.
There is plenty of space at the beach and it felt crowded and the team will set you up with loungers and umbrellas. Guests staying here get a complimentary swim with Turtles experience which was amazing and they will arrange just about any water related sport to come to you and there are plenty of water sports available for free at the beach to keep everyone active and a platform to swim out to.
The Concierge reached out well in advance of our trip and was very pleasant and helpful arranging airport pickup and surfing lessons. They provided a lot of great recommendations for places to eat.
The location is great for exploring the west coast and the closest town, Speightsown has a number of really nice restaurants locally.
St Peter’s Bay had everything our group needed for a fantastic holiday and I would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family.

Room tip: The higher up you go, the better the view. Quiet regardless.
Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank Squirreletta1
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This was an amazing facility. Massive rooms, loads of space. Rosalind who received us was very warm and engaging. The apartments are really a home away from home. All the staff bar none ( big shout out to Shakira and Samantha in the Restaurant) are welcoming, professional and friendly. The breakfast is made to order and a lot of care is put into its presentation. The facility is literally a minute from the beach - beach facing. We all had a fantastic time and would love to go again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2018

It was our first time vacationing in Barbados, and at Saint Peter's Bay Resort. What a beautiful island!!. Our villa was on the 4th Floor overlooking the beach. The 3 bedroom villa was tastefully decorated and very clean. I can't say enough about the staff at the resort. From the beach staff to house keeping. Everyone was delightful, always smiling and very helpful. Anything we asked for they accommodated us. The wait staff were professional, and friendly. A special thanks to the gals at Concierge; they were so helpful to all of us. So friendly and genuine. They set us up for our excursions, and gave good tips. The Cliff Restaurant for one, where my daughter got engaged. It was perfect. Also, a thank you to the car services, taxis as well.
Great yoga class too.
We will definitely be back!

1  Thank LorraineAP
Reviewed 5 July 2018

We've just returned from a stay at St Peters Bay & I can honestly say this was the best accommodation I've stayed at in Barbados. We had Villa 103 on the ground floor which gave easy access to the beach. The Villa was fully equipped and great for a family or group of friends with 3 good size en suite bedrooms, a large living area, Kitchen and utility area with a washer & dryer. The outside terrace had a large table for eating outside, a comfy lounging area & a Hot Tub.
There is plenty of room on the beach so it never felt crowded, the pool area is clean & spacious with plenty of sunbeds. Guests staying here get a complimentary swim with Turtles experience which was amazing, we were also lucky enough to watch Turtles coming up on the beach at night to lay eggs. There is a complimentary Water taxi service to Port Ferdinand & Niki Beach Club just up the coast. Guests also receive complimentary sunbeds at Nikki beach on selected days. There are plenty of water sports available from the beach to keep everyone active and a platform to swim out to.

We ate lunch most days at the poolside restaurant, the food was lovely and reasonably priced, all the staff were very attentive delivering great service and exceeding expectations.

The location is great for exploring the west coast & food shopping is slightly cheaper in Speightsown than it was in Holetown. There are also a number of really nice restaurants locally. We really enjoyed our meal at The Fish Pot & we also visited a small local Bajan road shack opposite St Peters Bay called Grendines which served traditional Bajan food at a great price & the chicken stew was lovely.

St Peters Bay had everything our family needed for a fantastic holiday & I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends & family. We're already planning our next visit.

2  Thank AlisonB1535
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Back from our stay at Saint Peters Bay resort. Our room was huge and amazing. It had three big bedrooms, each with its own ensuite. The laundry facilities and kitchen came in very handy. The daily cleaning was fantastic. We spent a lot of time on the huge deck and hot tub. Pools were great. Lots of chairs. The Gazebo restaurant was great for a couple of lunches. The beach was average to below average due to its narrow size, amount of rocks and seaweed, which of course the hotel could not control.

As far as activities go, included at the hotel is paddle boarding and kayaking. Website makes you believe there is more. I was told there was a water trampoline but it was broken and they were ordering a new one. There was also a snorkelling tour that we did elsewhere. Saint Peter’s does not have an adequate stock of life jackets, so if you have children of various ages, as we do, grab a jacket early. We ended up putting a jacket for a 90lb + on our 8 year old.

We used the complimentary water taxi a couple of times to go Port Ferdinand. The Nikki Beach, close to Port Ferdinand was much better than the beach at Saint Peter’s Bay. The pools at Saint Peter’s were bigger and better than Port Ferdinand, in our opinion.

The big negative for us was the concierge services at the hotel.

On the first night we asked the concierge for a restaurant recommendation. The concierge sent us to the Lobster Pot and organized a taxi. The taxi ride was 3 minutes and cost USD$20. As we were leaving the restaurant, the server told us they have a free shuttle to Saint Peter’s Bay. Naturally I was a little surprised the concierge didn’t mention this. When we arrived back at the hotel I told her about the free shuttle and she said she knew but that the shuttle was always late. Odd.....

The second night we asked the concierge to organize a taxi to dinner for us at Scarlet - about 9km from the hotel - 15 minutes away. The concierge told us that it would cost USD$45 each way. Thinking that something smelled weird, I jumped on my laptop, brought up information on Barbados taxis and proceeded to visit the concierge, laptop in hand, to discuss this with her. When I brought up that the pricing seemed high she explained that since the hotel was a luxury hotel, most of the guests wanted to travel in luxury. I found that interesting since a minivan drove us to the Lobster Pot the night before. I asked the concierge to try some of the taxi companies that I found on the internet. Lo and behold, I was now being quoted USD$30 each way to Scarlet restaurant. The driver showed up in essentially the same minivan that the driver showed up the night before to take us to Lobster Pot.

After this episode, I asked the concierge how much the taxi she arranged for us to go to to Harrison Caves was going to be for the next morning. She told me it would be USD$75 each way. I told her to cancel it. I googled “Speightstown taxi”, came across a list of taxi companies and then proceeded to call each one from the hotel room. I booked the third name on the list for USD$40 each way. He showed up in a BMW.

While the driver was taking us to Scarlet restaurant, I started quizzing him on how much various drives should cost. Long story short, we booked him for every night that week to take us to dinner. He was on time every day and kept a very clean car. He treated my family like gold. He took us to Animal Flower Caves and gave us a great history of the island while we drove.

As you can imagine, I stopped talking to the concierge completely for the rest of the trip.

On the last day of our trip, I ran into the concierge and told her how disappointed I was with not being told about the free shuttle on the first night. I explained that like her, my wife and I work hard for our money and I would have really appreciated to know about the free shuttle. Moments later I received a call from the concierge manager to discuss my concern. While I was explaining my issue the manager began speaking over me and interrupted me a few times. She jumped in that USD$20 was a fair rate for a drive to the Lobster Pot. Since she wasn’t grasping the idea that "free" is even more "fair" than USD$20 nor was she even listening to me speak, I decided to wish her a nice day, hung up the phone and drank my coffee with a beautiful view from my deck.

6  Thank itsasecret1974