All reviews well worth a visit parque lakes location campsite
Reviewed 1 October 2016

I think the people on here don't really appreciate the location. The pool is absolutely the best campsite pool I have been to framed by trees and mountains in the distance. The camp is very natural and there are great BBQs. The ground is a bit hard so airbed recommended but no big deal. So many amazing places to see around Geres within driving distance. The showers and washrooms are clean and modern.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Just stayed one night on route through Spain. Wanted to visit the only national park in Portugal. Camp with a good restaurant and friendly staff. Clean facilities, not everything working properly. Prices a little bit high for the season and the usual surrounding in Portugsl and Spain. Landscape around should make it up

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2016

My review is very similar with the previous one, I even think we were neighbors in the camping. This park is over-priced. I almost screamed when I had to pay 23 euros for two persons for one night. I wanted to leave the car outside of the park and pay less but that option didn't exist.

The location of this camping park is perfect. I know the National park quite well and this is by far my favorite area. The trees here are very old and it can feel magical, besides the appreciated shade for the tents. The mini market inside is also very handy. It's a pity that the park exaggerates on the price like this. I also have to complain that when I went there, the shower wasn't very warm. The bathrooms can be cold since they have major openings for the air to pass.

I would greatly recommend this camping park if the prices go down. Hope these reviews help.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

On our bicycle trip over France, Spain and Portugal it was the most expensive camping so far. In a natural park it is amazing there is no specific price for pedestrians and cyclists.

Toilets without seat, no paper, no soap, poor button showers, paid swimming pool, slow wifi available only near the reception/restaurant , make this camping overpriced - there we paid 21€ when several campings have pedestrian/cyclists price for less than 10€ (2pax).

On the positive side there is lot of shade, mini market has good set of provisions, restaurant is good and is in a nice location in the Gerês natural park.

It would be nice also to have more fixed tables outside the tent area so people don't squat them; provide plugs/place to charge devices in reception or bar. Have more hooks in showers and place for soap, water button staying on longer, light detectors staying on longer, etc.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miguel A
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

It has very good shades for your tent. Well defined parking place. A football field that you can use for free. The grocery store has almost everything you'll need to keep you going.

The restaurant is not that bad, but what kept me from giving 5 starts is the fact that you have to pay to use the pool. Not that I'll use it much, since this is Gerês. But it's the concept that bothers me.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple