“Great location, Too expensive”
Review of Parque Cerdeira

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geres
Parque Cerdeira
Ranked #2 of 20 Speciality Lodging in Geres
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 August 2016

My review is very similar with the previous one, I even think we were neighbors in the camping. This park is over-priced. I almost screamed when I had to pay 23 euros for two persons for one night. I wanted to leave the car outside of the park and pay less but that option didn't exist.

The location of this camping park is perfect. I know the National park quite well and this is by far my favorite area. The trees here are very old and it can feel magical, besides the appreciated shade for the tents. The mini market inside is also very handy. It's a pity that the park exaggerates on the price like this. I also have to complain that when I went there, the shower wasn't very warm. The bathrooms can be cold since they have major openings for the air to pass.

I would greatly recommend this camping park if the prices go down. Hope these reviews help.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

On our bicycle trip over France, Spain and Portugal it was the most expensive camping so far. In a natural park it is amazing there is no specific price for pedestrians and cyclists.

Toilets without seat, no paper, no soap, poor button showers, paid swimming pool, slow wifi available only near the reception/restaurant , make this camping overpriced - there we paid 21€ when several campings have pedestrian/cyclists price for less than 10€ (2pax).

On the positive side there is lot of shade, mini market has good set of provisions, restaurant is good and is in a nice location in the Gerês natural park.

It would be nice also to have more fixed tables outside the tent area so people don't squat them; provide plugs/place to charge devices in reception or bar. Have more hooks in showers and place for soap, water button staying on longer, light detectors staying on longer, etc.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miguel A
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

It has very good shades for your tent. Well defined parking place. A football field that you can use for free. The grocery store has almost everything you'll need to keep you going.

The restaurant is not that bad, but what kept me from giving 5 starts is the fact that you have to pay to use the pool. Not that I'll use it much, since this is Gerês. But it's the concept that bothers me.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Being outside the high season, it's a nice and quiet campsite. The store was opened on request and carries the basics. The restaurant is okay, but no more than that. The staff is friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I went on a trip to Gerês all by myself searching for tranquility and calm and i couldn't have went to a better place! the camping is quite big and very well structured, from what i saw there was a lot of cars and trailers but the tent area is isolated and quiet with lots of trees and shade so you don't feel like your camping in the middle of a parking lot. The bathrooms were in excellent hygienic conditions. The facilities in general were just what i needed, simple but clean, nothing fancy or over the top, which wasn't the point.
The staff at the reception was friendly and helpful, the prices were reasonable and the park as a few interesting activities that you can attend to. The restaurant was excellent with a menu composed of Portuguese specialities. The park is very well located and all around you have trails that will lead you to beautiful landscapes with mountains, forest, lakes and waterfalls. I will definitely go back there.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Luis R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geres
4.5 km away
0 km away
Casa do Lago
Casa do Lago
#12 of 20 in Geres

Been to Parque Cerdeira? Share your experiences!