US$139
US$224
  • Pool
US$246
US$221
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa(Avon)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$220
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewswestin riverfrontvilla guestsbeaver creekski valetself parkingfull kitchengrocery storeheavenly bedfitness centerfree shuttlepool deckfamily vacationgreat mountainski seasonseparate buildingwasher and dryereasy access
Reviewed 18 December 2017

If you are looking for an idyllic Colorado mountain experience at Christmas, this is literally as good as it gets. My girlfriend and I had the honor of spending a working retreat (she quilts and I'm a writer) at the Westin Riverfront this last weekend.

When we walked in, we were greeted by an enormous, glowing Christmas tree, shimmering with frosted branches and giant snowflakes as a fireplace roared away next to it. We literally sighed out-loud at the joy flooding through us at such a pleasing scene, complete with the mountains in the background. Upon an easy check-in and valet service under blazing heat lamps, we settled happily into our room on the 6th floor with a view of the hills to the North. Our room had a fireplace, smartly set on a timer, and a small kitchenette with sink, microwave, fridge - and a small range! (And a bottle of wine and a delicious cheese tray which were quickly consumed.)

We were pleased to find out that we were visiting during the Westin's 25 Days of Christmas, and we started our first night with smores out on the patio with a bunch of hungry skiers. After that, we headed to Maya, their in-house restaurant. Gorgeously decorated in deep blues and dark woods, Maya is exactly the kind of place that you hope to find inside a hotel: it was chic, different and it definitely did not seem like your average hotel restaurant.

We got two margaritas: a peach and a mango, both made with fresh puree and I can say that it was one of the best on-the-rock margaritas I've had, and after just one I was feeling the buzz; this is a good thing. We ordered the table-side guacamole, which unfortunately came with an adventure: upon a short stop, the ingredients on the guacamole cart went flying underneath our table and all over the back of my chair. The waiter was very embarrassed and the staff descended on us quickly, clearing up the mess and bringing us a fresh guacamole as fast as they could. It was more amusing that anything else. I mean if I have to take a shower in something, let it be guacamole. The guac, heavy on the lime (which I prefer), was delicious. For our entrees we had the pineapple pork tacos and the Tex-Mex Enchilada, which were very flavorful without being too heavy. Maya overall was a great experience and a great meal, and for as nice as a place as this Westin is - and in a very expensive area - the prices at the Maya were pretty reasonable compared to what I've seen at some of the other ski resorts.

We slept pretty heavenly on their signature Heavenly bed (drum crash) which I have to admit has made me a convert to the Westin brand. I sleep like the dead on these beds, and while I am not sure what they are made of, they are like sleep crack to travelers. I woke up refreshed and didn't want to move...ever.

In the morning, I visited Matthew at Spa Anjuli for a Honey Dream treatment, and as promised, it was a dream. After a very informative and comforting explanation, honey was poured onto my back, rubbed in and then my therapist used what he called "cat paws" to pull at the honey and remove impurities and to work the honey in. It was a very strange feeling but not at all unpleasant. It was followed by a piece of beeswax paper under some warm towels and one of the best massages that I've ever had. (And for reference, two of my best friends are lead massage therapists.) Matthew was incredible. There was such power in his pressure, and I felt that he was so present in the treatment that I never wanted to end. When it did finally end, much to my devastation, I was left blissful and a huge fan. Seriously, ask for Matthew.

That night we hung out in the lobby, where a talented folk band played a full set. I loved watching the families, from all over the world, enjoying themselves with their kids. While being very elegant and luxurious, I have to say that as a parent, I appreciated how the Westin was very kid friendly, from the atmosphere to the meals offered; I saw options for kids everywhere. That day for lunch we visited Lift, and while my friend's milkshake was most definitely strawberry milk, my grilled cheese and tomato bisque was...how do I put this? THE BEST EVER. I'm a grilled cheese snob, I'll have you know, and this one ranked in my top three, MAYBE top two.

Confession: It was so good that I ate it the next day too.

The other must experience for the Westin Riverfront was the outdoor hot tubs, which blast steam into the freezing air and with their bright blue lighting make you feel like you are in some sort of luxury alien space pod filled with beautiful people. Getting out is a little painful, but it's worth it, trust me.

Overall, if you are looking for the quintessential Colorado Christmas, with entertainment, soaring Christmas trees, beautiful music, skiing and families literally eating smores around the fireplace, then there is no other resort that I can think of that tops the Westin Riverfront at Beaver Creek.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the South Side
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ColleenBlooms
David W, General Manager at The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

It is obvious you are a writer, this review is incredible! I loved it, had to google quintessential, but loved the detail you provided. It was like you made the experience come alive. Thank you so much for sharing.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Great place with many nearby attractions. Great service and resort was clean, comfortable, and had everything I needed. I traveled with friends and family who had children. We enjoyed skiing in Beaver Creek and went to walk around in Vail.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here several times, and always enjoy our stay!
They staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, nice and roomy, and the views are wonderful, even from the Hot Tub!
The shuttle is easy to access to go to Beaver Creek Village and the gondola is just outside.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rgoben
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We stopped by Beaver Creek on a roadtrip through Colorado and the Rockies. We wanted a comfortable stay and choose to check in to The Westin Mountain Villas. The room, better read apartment, was well equipped with a full kitchen, living room, a balcony overlooking the surroundings giving us a nice view of the nearby mountains and ski hills. The bathroom is big and similar to those of upscale Hilton resorts. Large bathtub, huge walk-in-shower, separate restroom. Plenty of towels and robes+slippers. The Villas is a more upscale part of The Westin, with it´s own underground parking dedicated for the Villa guests. This was very good as the general parking seemed cramped and busy. An elevator took us directly to our floor. Staff, service and overall cleanliness was exactly what you expect when paying decent $s.

We came to the conclusion that we will return sometime during winter season.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We like to think of the villas as a "home away from home". No matter what the season there is so much to do and see. Summers, with a concert or festival of sorts just about every weekend, and now that the town added the beach and allows swimming in Nottingham Lake have become as popular as our ski season. We appreciate the comments about our staff, service and cleanliness. I will be sure to share this with our team. Thank you again!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Staff lacked professionalism from front desk to housekeeping to management to Service Express. Very disappointed with this stay overall. I am a villa owner at 2 properties and SPG lifetime platinum. No acknowledgment at any stage of my stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David W, General Manager at The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Please accept this manager’s sincere apology, entering a villa without knocking is absolutely unacceptable. Also for our failure to show any appreciation for your loyalty. This is not our standard, not what we train for, and not how we normally handle our business. As you can see from the plethora of great reviews we do often get it right. I hope you will consider giving us a second chance. Thank you!