Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, Vail Valley
Mein Haus(Avon)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$412
US$387
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa(Avon)(Great Value!)
US$691
US$665
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
1,161 results
All reviewswestin riverfrontski valetbeaver creekinfinity hot tubsstudio suitemaya restaurantresort feekids clublive musicmountain viewfull kitchenself parkgondola ridevalet staffgreat poolsalt watermexican restaurant
Reviewed 8 April 2016

We stayed for 2 nights in a 2-bedroom suite at the Westin and truly loved our experience from start to finish!
Valet greeted us and was extremely helpful with our loads of ski/baby bags/backpacks/pack and play, etc. They were especially great as we were in and out with the car so many times - especially Jake!
The front desk staff was very courteous and asked us right away if our check out time would be ok or if we'd like a later check out. The concierge followed up after the first night to see how our stay was going, to check on our needs, and to offer any help we may need. I loved the ski valet and not having to worry about our family's ski gear and the shuttle up to Beaver Creek was very convenient. The staff had excellent suggestions on activities for our family, pizza to order in, and ways to make our stay more enjoyable. We loved the pool and hot tubs outside...and the views of Beaver Creek were fantastic! Beds/linens were very comfortable and there were even humidifiers in the rooms - such a nice touch for dry mountain air! The full kitchen had almost everything we needed, and the front desk was able to provide what wasn't there immediately. We loved the afternoon hot chocolate in the lobby and fruit infused water.
I went to the Anjali spa for a massage and the sanctuary, steam rooms, beverages and snacks were all lovely. The massage therapist I had (Joanna) was excellent for a deep tissue massage and really worked out my mommy knots from carrying kids around and lots of skiing. The boutique inside has all sorts of wonderful goodies to buy and all of the staff were incredibly helpful. Such a wonderful experience - I'd recommend it to everyone!
Overall, our trip was such a wonderful experience. Our family felt very pampered and taken care of from all angles. It was a pleasure staying at the Westin and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and had great views of the back side of Vail. I'm sure looking up at Beaver Creek would be amazing also!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Mark H, Director of Rooms at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, Vail Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Allyson C,

I am so proud to read about your experiences and we will share this with our entire team so they can enjoy hearing that they helped create such a memorable experience for you and your family.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Overcharged me for my deposit. Overcharged me for my stay. Says will reimburse but didn't happen. Stated that "in house" reservations changed my rate and deposit for some reason which was guranteed and non-refundable. (credit card fraud) Still waiting on refund and nothing. Broken glass bathroom. Forgot to del flowers for my wife's Bday. Internet is awful. Only one phone worked in the room. Need I say more? I should have listened to other negative reviews before booking. Won't happen again. Filing on my credit card to get my money back.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Roger B

Roger B,

I am so sorry to hear about this! due to the confidential nature of Trip Advisor, I am unable to see your information in order to investigate at this time. Please email us directly at allriverfrontMOD@westinriverfront.com so we can take a look as soon as possible. I apologize for our errors and want to help resolve them quickly for you as it sounds like you have already tried to do previously can understand your frustration.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

After a tiring day of skiing, you walk into the hotel and you suddenly feel a sense of relaxation and rejuvenation. The design touches in this hotel fit seamlessly into the whole design of the building giving guests great impression. Although the breakfast was barely satisfactory, the hotel made up for it with nightly live music in the lobby. Pool and locker rooms were both nice with the pool/hot tubs being pretty big. Be aware! Standard rooms at the hotel are on the smaller side while studios are a little bigger with full kitchenettes. All in all, the hotel was amazing and the staff was polite.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Thomas R, Front Office Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, Vail Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Thank you for your review and your advice on room types for our future guests. We very much appreciate it! We want all of our guests to be able to relax and recharge to help them leave feeling better than when they arrived!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

My wife (SPG platinum) and I stayed here a few weeks ago for a ski vacation weekend, and had a fantastic experience. From our first greet by Tony at the valet, Katie and crew at check-in, the guys at the ski valet, to our nice room, the fitness center & pool, and the common areas - we had a thoroughly positive experience!

We did get a slight upgrade to a first floor king mini-suite (kitchenette) and it was very comfy. The only downside was that it was immediately off the lobby so there was residual noise from other guests & foot traffic.

The lobby itself is a fun spot if you enjoy music, reading (big "borrow a book" library) and drinks...although the happy hour crowd was a bit too rambunctious for our tastes (we went to Maya instead and had a great time). There were plenty of kids since it was spring break, so that may have contributed to the extra craziness.

Best part of this for skiers is that they have the ski valet & gondola off the main entrance, and the gondola express takes you from the hotel right to the lower Mountain Express lift!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L

Mark L,

Thank you so much for your review and the personal mentions of your experiences with Katie and Tony. We very much appreciate it and so do they! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

We stayed three nights at the Westin in a suite. The suite was beautifully appointed with a fireplace, living room,dining area, bose stereo system, balcony, full kitchen and a washer/dryer. We took advantage of the kitchen and made a spaghetti dinner one night in. We have a 15 month old daughter and the hotel provided a crib and high chair in the room, which was fantastic. There was plenty of room in the suite.
My husband is a platinum member and we received a comp continental bkfst which was plenty for us. They had pastries, croissants, toast, bagels, fruit, oatmeal bar, hard boiled eggs, cereals and yogurt to choose from on the continental buffet. Service was courteous and fast.
I took advantage of the exercise classes and did yoga one evening - $20 drop in rate. They have many times to choose from and I enjoyed it.The gym area is really nice and clean, with updated equipment kept in good condition.
Love the special touch of having warm chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate at 4pm daily. Live music in the lobby for happy hour as well was really nice.
Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2016
2  Thank michellem07

Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to see that you and your family had an excellent experience and enjoyed the Platinum breakfast every morning in Maya. We look forward to seeing you again next time!