1,175 results
All reviewswestin riverfrontski valetinfinity hot tubsstudio suitemaya restaurantresort feekids clublive musiceagle rivermountain viewfull kitchenself parkgondola ridevalet staffgreat poolmexican restaurantworkout facility
Reviewed 8 September 2015

We have been coming here almost every year since it opened. It never disappoints. For as many guests that come and go through here, the hotel does a good job. It certainly takes team work and all pitch in. The front desk staff seems a bit overwhelmed sometimes. So does housekeeping. However, all in all, given the amount of guests, they do a good job.
What you should know before coming is get used to the dogs. They range from Great Danes to little terriers. They sit in the lobby with their owners while their owners and others eat around them. A front desk staffer told me dogs were not allowed around food but the dogs are sitting in the lobby with food all around right in front of the front desk.
Anyway, would still come and bring my dog!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Thomas R, Front Office Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, Vail Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2015

Thank you for your review! We do love our four legged friends here at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa! If you plan to bring a puppy, prepare to be swamped and not just by other guests. I am very happy that you like to return to our property so frequently. I hope to meet you and your dog the next time you stay with us!

Reviewed 5 September 2015

I am Platinum at a competing brand, and Gold SPG. I have been moving my loyalty to SPG and this stay has confirmed I am making the right choice.

I was thoroughly impressed with the room, furnishings, cleanliness, comfort, and the bathroom. The bedding, towels, and robes were all high quality.

I was a little under the weather so I must have ordered 4 meals from Room Service and every meal was excellent and delivered extremely quickly.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo

Andrew K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that you have making the choice to move your loyalty to SPG. Obtaining Gold status is no small feat, so congratulations! We do very much appreciate your loyalty we hope to see you again soon!

P.S I hope you are feeling better!

Reviewed 4 September 2015

Booked this hotel on SPG points and got the fifth night free (woohoo) so the overall cost was VERY reasonable I thought. Also, I requested use of my Suite Nights rewards and was upgraded to a one bedroom. My friends who have stayed here without using the Suite Nights have told me they received the automatic upgrade, so maybe next time I won't use a Suite Night award.

Anyhow, the experience was amazing! I was so impressed with the room. It was huge--full sized living area and separate dining area. Immaculate kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal (we did not). There was even a laundry closet and individual use sized detergent etc.

The bedroom, bathroom--everything was pristine and very inviting. Super comfy bathtubs, bed, shower. We stayed here (2 couples) and had ample space with the pull-out sofa bed and the full sized dining table.

Outside, the infinity hot-tubs were an awesome way to relax in the evening after a day on the slopes. Facing out to the mountains, it was just beautiful in the cold air!

Oh, and fresh cookies every afternoon when the ski hills closed. Those were a great little treat :)

Downside (or upside, depending on your view): this is a very family-friendly place. Lots of kids hanging out in the lobby sitting areas all the time. This is fine, but just be warned.

Now actual downside: Location is not optimal. Would certainly prefer to be more centrally accessible to the mountain, so would recommend bringing a car. Be prepared to pay for the valet parking--$25/night. Also, the chairlift that takes you from BC back to the hotel closes PROMPTLY. Do not miss it! Else, it's back to the bus for you!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Coletteelh,

Great to hear from you! So happy to hear about your amazing experience! Our one bedrooms are very well sought after because of all of their amenities that you listed and do tend to sell out very quickly during the winter season. My advice, depending on the dates, during the winter season would be to try and book the room type you need as we cannot guarantee the upgrade upon check in.

Happy to report that the cookies and hot chocolate will be back again every day this winter as well as a few more activities provided for the Kids by our Westin Family associates. Thank you again for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again this Winter!

Reviewed 4 September 2015

The resort is in a really spectacular location facing up to the Beaver Creek ski ing area. It has great facilities including a 20m lap pool and hot tubs with views up the mountain. The public areas are very grand and spacious too. We stayed in a villa which was more of a hotel 'Utility' room with a kitchen area in the room

Room Tip: Get a room facing up the mountain. The Villas aren't Villas so not really worth the extra money
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Wrighty 2012,

Thank you so much for staying with us! Glad you enjoyed our beautiful property. I hope you can make the trip across the pond to see us again sometime!

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This is a very nice hotel in an excellent location in Avon, Colorado just minutes from Vail and with free shuttle service to both Vail and Beaver Creek villages and ski areas. My studio suite was good sized with large windows overlooking the pool and with partial mountain views towards Beaver Creek. The room had a two burner cooktop, microwave and small fridge. The bathroom was quite nice with separate shower and tub as well as double sink vanity.
The resort has a very nice outdoor pool with views of the mountains and three big infinity edged hot tubs that were very nice. In addition was a spa, separate men's and women's locker rooms and a nice equipped joint workout facility. The lobby had two large living room type areas with soaring ceiling, large open gas fireplace and plenty of comfortable seating. It is a dog friendly hotel and there were many canine friends to be found.
My biggest criticism is the dining. The main dining room features Mexican fare and not much more. You can eat on the bar just off the lobby or in a small store/shop/restaurant but the menus are quite limited. I think the resort misses the boat badly and loses a lot of its food business to surrounding places. Not very kid friendly menus or reasons to return for more than one dinner.
The plus side is the amazing location, free shuttle service and nice common areas.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank gordy g

Gordy G,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. The views from the pool and hot tubs truly are spectacular aren't they? Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our dining options, I have passed this on. Thank you very much for staying with us and I hope to see you again in Avon soon!