“Pleasant restaurant ”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Nice meals with decent prices. They use fresh local produce. Try to avoid around 20h30 - 21h15 in the summer as you have all the cars from Balos beach in a traffic jam in front of the restaurant. Nice breakfasts.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I kept coming back to this place, tried various types of lamb, staffed peppers, moussaka and other things and found them spectacular. The waitress was very friendly and a pleasure to talk to. Will certainly come back next time I am in Crete.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

If you go to Balos Beach by car you have to know it's gonna be an exhausting trip (car trip + walking is also slow and long). After that day you have to stop here and eat a good late-lunch or dinner. You will love it as we did.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

That is the first time in my life I had to write bad about one restaurant.
The food was good, nothing really spectacular. However the service was so bad, that we thought actually just to go away. We stopped there before heading to Balos, hoping to seat and chill there, drink, feed our hungry child and eat something small ourselves. It was not a dinner time and taverna was almost empty. Friendly started, the waitress recommended us the dishes, that we should take for our 5 years old child . Unfortunately for waitress, she just wanted to eat souvlaki and not stuffed with rice tomatoes or moussaka . When we told her about it, she said "no, it takes too long to prepare, take something else", obviously didn´t want to bring us souvlaki (wanted to give us prepared warmed up food? I don't know) I´ve never heard something like this in my life, especially in Crete. But the best part came, when we ordered 2 salads for us both - sour face waitress asked: "Only salads? Its too few, take one traditional cretan dish and one salad". We have insisted to have only one salad, we weren't really hungry. From this moment the service got really bad, no smile for child, no words for us. Just silence. The salads have arrived. I have ordered the salad with "smoked pork" inside, hoping to see some pieces of meat. No way. 2 or 3 micro-pieces were swimming in yoghurt sauce on top of salad. I have asked the waitress "where I could find the meat?" She leaned very close to my plate and started to count. She only could count till 3 and then said that its the way they do it in Crete. It can be, but please don't write in menu "Salat with smoked pork" for 7 EUR.
I dont recommend this place, not before they change something in their vision of good, friendly service. Better go to place just on the other side of the street - the guys over there were friendly to all guests, no matter what they have ordered, we saw it.

1  Thank Qrona
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We had a really nice dinner at Agarathos: great dakos, delicious bureki, tasty stuffed tomatoes... all the food is very good value for money. The service was perfect and efficient. The restaurant is also located in a very pretty area, just on the way to Balos beach!