“Best Cretan food, amazing service”

Grambousa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Kaliviani
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Greek, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Gramvousa we use the purest ingredients and exceptional, traditional recipes. However, these alone do not suffice for the exceptional result, which we always aspire to for our patrons. Our staff is equally important.The chefs, waiters and waitresses, the very soul of Gramvousa Restaurant, are yet another secret to our success.Gramvousa Restaurant Menu for those with pure food indulgence in mind, come next door and sate your desires with our ever changing internationally and seasonally inspired small plates. We love food, lots of different food, just like you.We promise an intimate and relaxed dining experience that offers something different to local and foreign patrons and ensures you enjoy a memorable food experience every time.Our top priority is for the staff at Gramvousa not to be only exceptionally professional, but also humane. Our people have each been handpicked with such criteria as their skills and the impeccable service they offer. We take great pride in our staff. You yourselves will realize the reason for our “pride” once you have come to Gramvousa.
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited this place on our way back from Balos lagoon at the end of a four day stay in Greece. I have to say that hands down this was the best Cretan and best Greece food I’ve had. The food was amazing, especially the lamb and pork.

We rushed to get to the airport after our meal, and at the airport I realized I forgot my bag containing my passport, wallet at this restaurant. People say that Greece is filled with pickpockets, but this restaurant was so reliable and put my bag away in a safe place for me. Frankly, this restaurant saved our vacation. Would highly recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,140)

Reviewed 16 August 2018

The views were great, the food was delicious, best meal we had in Crete without a doubt well worth the visit and fruit bar is a great touch.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

With family and Cretan friends it was an excellent experience, local Cretan menu prepared with local vegetables and meat , all natural from the surrounding .
The preparation , the taste and atmosphere surrounded by the sea and the area of Grambousa has authenticity and joy of Crete and Cretan hospitality

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

After the paradise me and my family eat in this amazing restaurant. Great food and lovely staff. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

On the plus side the food is great. On the downside, if you are unlucky enough to visit at the same time with a group of attractive women, don't expect much in terms of service. We had a group of beautiful tourist women sitting nearby and pretty much every male waiter was over their table, practically ignoring everything else. The amount of courting going on was ridiculous and vomit inducing. To make it even better, they even ended up sitting wih them. That takes "friendly service" a bit too far. We had to ask for the check 5 times until we manages to receive it 30 mimutes later (while the place was practically empty and closing up). Very unprofessional.