“Great choices ”

The Appleseed Modern Diner
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Stellarton
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Contemporary, Canadian
Description: The Appleseed Modern Diner is a family-friendly restaurant located in the heart of Pictou County. The Appleseed offers freshly-made comfort food classics that will satisfy the entire family. We are a locally owned and operated business with a focus on partnering with local producers and suppliers.
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Always great when I go to the appleseed . Lots of drink choices and delicious food . Something for everyone ! Love seeing all the new specials on the chalk board every week Wait staff are AWESOME, really friendly people :)

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 20 October 2018

great food and lots on the plate, busy place, real ice cream sodas..the thanksgiving burger is awesome, the desserts are also tasty, but their beet salad, super good.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We decided to try this place based on the reviews we had read on Yelp, Google and Trip Advisor. I liked that they advertised a twist on diner classics and partnering with local businesses for their ingredients. But I think we must have hit it on a bad day.

Our first tip off probably should have been that there were only 2 other tables of diners when we arrived around 1pm on a Sunday. Never a good sign.

I had the Thanksgiving on a Bun, which was just.. okay. I mean, it didn't taste "bad". But it was a soft bun, bland stuffing, bland gravy and bland chicken. No texture or much in the way of flavor. I had the home fries, which were tasty but floating in a pool of grease. My husband had a cheeseburger, which was dry (not the first review that mentions this) and bland. The fries looked promising, but WAY too many and very poorly seasoned.
The service certainly wasn't anything special and there was a waitress eating a bowl of soup behind the counter.... big no-no!

Maybe we just hit it on a bad day... but it definitely didn't live up to my expectations after reading the website and the many positive reviews. I love trying new places and would rather eat at a locally owned restaurant over a fast-food chain any day. Maybe I'd try it again, but for our $30, I'd be more apt to try somewhere where I know what I'm getting.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank nerdynurse00
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Stopped in for supper after reading Tripadvisor reviews. It is understandably rated the highest.
Just a short drive from our hotel, we almost went right past thinking it was the large truck dealership!
Managed to get whoad up and turned in time.
Self seating diner style decor and food. We kept it simple, I had an Appleseed Burger which was perfect (who would have thought a slice of apple in a burger would be so good?) and a Spinach and Beet salad.
Excellent! Service was good and food great.
Give this one a try.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This is our second time going for breakfast. Our bacon was way too crispy, it fell apart, and the sausage was pink in the middle. We were the first ones to put in our order in as they just opened for the day and it took a long time, someone that came in after got served before us. But otherwise, the food was delicious and the server was nice.

Date of visit: September 2018