“Try the miso soup!!”

NAO
Ranked #65 of 425 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: We are proud to offer really traditional Japanese cuisine with the real flavor from japan in hands of our executive chef Naoya who's originary from Osaka Japan and who learned from the very best chefs years ago and now brings to you all the complexity and flavor from Japanese food
Reviewed 4 June 2015

I stayed in Tulum couple weeks this spring and I can tell you that if you go to Tulum, you have to try the miso soup in NAO restaurant. The whole menu is delicious, the service is nice but the miso soup was so good, that made me go back more than couple of times. You gotta try it out! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Hungover and wandering through the streets of Tulum admiring the local street art we found ourselves in front of an excellent mural of a whale that was located in a little fabulously decorated Japanese joint at the end of the Main street. We were greeted with a smile by the charismatic tattooed owner who sat us down and cracked open a couple of sapporos and started talking to us about the area and local attractions. We all decided to have lunch together and were taken on an incredible flavor journey by their JAPANESE sushi chef with some of the best sushi I have ever tasted.
Nao is a shining example of the local culture in tulum and what makes this town such a magical place.
P.S. Try the Anguilla sashimi. Unforgettable

Reviewed 3 June 2015

This place was truly amazing. I have had sushi from all over and this was some of the best I've ever had. It was fresh, inventive, and flavorful. The ginger mojito and miso soup were one of a kind. We got a variety of rolls and every one was delicious! The owner was very and personable during his chat with us. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

We had a really nice dinner here. We went early in the evening so it was a quiet atmosphere but the food was really great.
The only negative was that it was fairly expensive for what we got. We paid $550 MXN for a fairly small meal with water/juice. It was probably more than we would pay in Australia for the same thing.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

The sushi here was good, but in my opinion, nothing to write home about.
The restaurant is very nicely decorated, and has a great vibe. Its also in a great location.
We had the rainbow roll and the eel and cucumber roll. It definitely tasted fresh, and had good flavor. Both were tasty and large. But, like I said, nothing too spectacular, I've had better.
The staff was friendly, and the decor very nice.
I would recommend giving it a try yourself