All reviews beach bar recommend villa every morning ceviche mayan ruins beautiful beach coffee delivered sea grass white sand main restaurant welcome drink fresh seafood on site restaurant palm trees hotel guests our honeymoon beach front
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Our bungalow faced the ocean. Was amazing to watch the sun rise. The room is quite comfortable. Lots of nice local art and details everywhere. The BEST welcome drink! One small issue was that our bathroom lights stopped working late at night.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely staff. Room 10 is best beach view room without paying for the premium villa. Very eco friendly rooms. Very relaxing and at the nicer , more local end of Tulum beach. If you like getting away from the showy end of Tulum - it is still really easy to get cabs into town for 100 pesos one way. This is the place for you. Food really good too, we went low season so quite quiet but we liked that!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D1zzyDa1sy
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to write my review, but I couldn't just leave it! I stayed in March with my sister and my mum, which was a 60th Birthday holiday treat for my mum and the first holiday we had all been on together in years. There was a lot of expectation as it was such a special occasion, but we also had no idea what we were to expect...

Upon arrival, we couldn't believe where we had ended up! It was truly beautiful, relaxing and colourful. It was a very laid back atmosphere and we knew this was the perfect kind of place for us. We did all of the paper work and given general information along with a delicious welcome drink, then had a friendly and personal check-in showing us through to our room/cabin.

The accommodation itself was simply stunning... I was pinching myself daily to make sure it was still real life. Eco friendly conscious, huge comfy beds with surrounding nets to save you from the mozzies but to also make you feel like a princess, huge walk in showers and stunning decor with natural colours used and big boldly coloured features. A truly relaxing and private feeling abode!

We had a wonderful sleep and woke up feeling fresh and happy to be there, then you get a daily treat to wake up to on your balcony/terrace of tea/coffee and these lovely little shortbread kinda biscuit thing sided with a jam like sweet thing to accompany it. You can chose which beverage and at what time they deliver daily. This was seriously like having a little bit of child-like Christmas feeling, waking up to treats every morning!

The location is great, being beach front ready and local fisherman doing daily trips out. Although a little more built up than area's we would usually stay, this is within a national park and conveniently close to a very popular tourist attraction. Taking a walk along the beach it seems the other ends are a little more busy and built up, so ours was great in comparison. Still this resort makes you feel like you're hidden away and it is private and separate from the beach crowds. You can relax in your hammock just out the front of your property or use the communal ones.

The staff were sooooo lovely and helpful, and constantly hard working!! Every staff member, from the maintenance guys who constantly rake up the falling leaves, the chefs making the most amazing dishes, the fantastically friendly waiting staff, the informative and helpful receptionists, the hard working housekeepers who made our room like new every day, (even the on site woofers to help meet and greet and make friends with the guests) each and every one really did have sun beams coming out of their faces when they smiled!! It wasn't forced, it was magic and pure unfiltered beauty! Their energy is just infectiously positive which just made this holiday perfect!! To name but a few that we were in constant interaction with that really made our stay so wonderful were - Manolo Arcos Itzel Ivan Maria Rafael and Amin! There are plenty more staff that I am unsure of their names (ones not so front facing with guests) but thank you to them all!! What a special lot of staff!? Nothing was ever too much trouble and they would accommodate our every request efficiently and promptly.

My holidays often revolve around food, and this hotel did not disappoint...!! Oh my gosh, I still dream about the food they have there 7 month later! Haha!! The portions are huge, the flavour is so full in each dish, the freshly and locally caught fish was always a delight, and the chef's are always smiling/singing and seem very happy to be there. Maybe this is the extra special touch that is put into the prep and cooking?! The restaurant is a lovely place to dine, or you can order from your bed on the beach in the day time which makes for a perfectly lazy day to tan, read, swim and enjoy a cocktail or two along side some delectable tostadas!! YUM!

It really did feel like every detail was thought through at this resort, but not only at the resort, Tulum is a wonderful place to visit and the locals couldn't be any nicer if they tried! Always helpful, with lots of information to give and proud of their heritage, which I just wanted to absorb!

We met a lovely taxi driver who we ended up booking for a whole day a few days later. He basically did like a tour day with us, taking us to visit Coba ruins, a few beautiful cenotes, local villages and local shops, along with ample interesting information and history, who again seemed to go above and beyond his role. He would drop us off and wait for us to be finished and then we'd move on to the next location. It was one of the most memorable days of the holiday as he made us feel really special too, so I cannot thank him enough! Coba ruins is a must to climb before they close it off to the public!! We got a tour guide inside the park who was very funny and friendly, again another gorgeous Mexican/Mayan soul who just made you feel grounded and happy!

We were all so sad to leave this place, but now we know it exists, we will most certainly love to return one day in the future. I hope it manages to keep such incredible staff, or at least continue to hire like minded ones who really elevate this place to the next level of top notch service!!

(The only thing that broke the peace and tranquility of this magical location was this one local fisherman/reef tour guide who obnoxiously drives his boy racer car onto the beach whilst blasting bassy dance pop s**t music unnecessarily loud when you least want it. The bass is so loud that it shook the cabin and vibrated my internal organs, which I promise is no exaggeration!? It's usually once early in the morning and again in the afternoon, sometimes even in the evening too. I was very ill one day and was trying to have a rest and a sleep, but got abruptly woken up because of this. I was so mad that I had to say something to him as it was a huge spoil on such a great place and time. Seemingly after that it seemed to be a bit quieter and not as intrusive, although often still a daily occurance. Typically, he even turned up at the beach for out last morning watching the sunrise which I couldn't help but laugh about but again, it did spoil the moment.
I wrote this and almost deleted it as this is nothing to do with the resort, so I won't give less of a review for them but think it may be a good thing to mention for future guests staying... Who knows how long the 'Boom-Box-Bandit' (as we aptly named him) will be selfish and obnoxious for? Perhaps he will grow up soon and realise no one else cares for his crappy music and to stop imposing it on others!! Haha!)

Room Tip: Any room looked gorgeous!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Howe1987
Reviewed 3 September 2018

What do you get when you combine the best ceviche you can find anywhere, incredible beach and first class service from our waiter Manolo? A perfect experience. I highly recommend this location that was once a sleepy Fisherman's cooperative and what has become a refined Villa and beach club destination. A great stop on the Tulum circuit, highly recommended. Try the snorkel trip as well, get up close to sea turtles and all of the natural wonders just below the surface. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This hotel took our booking for a Ocean View room, but when we arrived we did not have any such view. The staff blamed the booking provider with no offer of even a partial refund or accountability. Staff were often rude and lazy (particularly Reception) plus their prices are exorbitant for food (their is no breakfast provided) and activities.

Do yourself a favour and book anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple