See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 January 2016

We did book a standard bungelow just a 2 days before our arrival half November 2015. What a poor welcome and service! The pool was empty, no breakfast or a small bar where you could take a sip. Due to renovation there was no reception desk. The employee who was taking care of the construction was also taking care of handing out the keys. Strange introduction, definitely no warm welcome from a professional crew! The location is perfect, just along the beach, room was ok. Especially if you don't feel for a luxurious hotel. We love to backpack, but we love a friendly and cosy ambience as well... That was not the case when we stayed here. For drinks and fun and food we were forced to find other places nearby!

Room tip: Just be sure the hotel is not under construction while booking your room!
Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed 14 December 2015

The owner and staff were very nice but the place just started to invest to renovate. I hoop that it will work out.
We had a nice time but spend most of our time els ware.
The place is ver y basic and it is named the concrete hotel.

Room tip: rooms on the 1st floor with Balcony are the best. the cabins have a view on the pool and main road.
Date of stay: December 2015
2  Thank Sergiovanloon
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I came to tulum in 2013 and stayed right next to this hotel. there was a taco bar in front. everyone was hanging out. the chairs and mats were out for people to relax. the hotel looked updated and clean. This past week it was a completely different story. taco bar was CLOSED. we were the only people staying there. never put out chairs and mats for us. we never had anyone talk to us. forgot to clean room. pool was dirty. no one cleaned the insane amounts of seaweed on the sand. NEVER STAY HERE. STAFF IS NONEXISTENT. DIRTY. NO TACO BAR. i ended up leaving 3 days early, and of course there was no refund given.

Room tip: rooms are dirty.
Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 30 August 2015

I've stayed in several places in Tulum and I spent six weeks doing some budget traveling all over the Yucatan. This may have been the worst place I stayed in the entire time. No, the second worst. But still. The worst for the price. I even paid low-season prices so I have no idea how I would feel if I'd paid high season prices.

I think it's clear from the reviews that people who get the budget bungalows here aren't happy and the people who get regular rooms in the main building are okay with it. I did not see inside the regular rooms. However, the main reason to find some other hotel is that the beach front of the hotel is very small. Sure, you can walk up and down the beach from here and find whatever spot you want. However, part of what you are paying for at the hotel is to have a place to sit on the beach. This hotel has a few nice hammocks that I enjoyed, but the small beach area was crowded with hotel guests. Other hotels have a much nicer beach setup.

Now to the "bungalows," which are one of the better deals on the beach in Tulum, but definitely not worth it. Tulum is tricky for budget travelers because there is no public transportation between the beach hotels and town. So you have to decide where to stay and then take a taxi between town and beach, or rent a car or bike - not exactly the cheapest. On one trip we stayed here on the beach. On another trip we stayed in town. Town was better. The bungalows here were just depressing - like staying in a crude prison cell. There were cockroaches, but when we mentioned it they didn't believe me, as though I couldn't distinguish between a cockroach and a gecko. Other than having my intelligence and perception insulted, we also had a terrible time sleeping. One room had a cement-block bed base that was noticeably not level, so we were rolling into each other all night. I hate complaining about wi-fi in vacation spots on the beach, but the sun goes down here at 5 pm and there's nothing to do after you've eaten dinner and had a drink or whatever. Walking around is even a bit tricky, because this strip of hotels is off-grid and it's very dark everywhere. At other (more expensive) hotels I've been to in the area it can be romantic or relaxing, but at this place it was just really dull. Thus I am going to complain that the wi-fi was spotty in an off-grid bungalow because for once I would have used it just to feel less like I was in prison. My partner and I spent the evenings tucked into the mosquito net, hoping the cockroaches wouldn't find their way in, watching old videos on the computer. Not what I had imagined for my beach stay.

Another word on cockroaches - I looked it up and these bugs are usually outdoor creatures in this part of the world, not a sign of a bad restaurant. They hang out in piles of wood debris. Sure enough, there were piles of branches and discarded construction materials near our room.

Oh, did I mention that the light was a bare fluorescent bulb over the bathroom sink? you couldn't read by it. Too dim. It did not improve the atmosphere of the place.

The pool was cloudy, not clear or clean looking. I never went in it. You can't tell this from the photos, but the pool is behind the hotel, away from the beach. People did not much use it. I wonder where they even get the water for it - I don't think this hotel is on the city's water supply. Suspicious.

The only up side to the place is that the taco stand outside was pretty good and relatively cheap for the beach.

Room tip: If you have to stay here, get a room in the main building, not the bungalows. If you are a real budget traveler, stay in town.
Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed 24 August 2015

The room was nice and the hotel was on the beach, and in a central location. Most important the people were awesome. They truly took good care of us. The hotel was gated with a full time security guard. The manager recommended a great little day trip to a lagoon that turned out to be one of the high lights of our trip. Will definitely go back next year.

Date of stay: August 2015