“We stayed in Violeta, and loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Violeta

Casa Violeta
Ranked #38 of 80 Tulum B&B and Inns
Santa Cruz, California
“We stayed in Violeta, and loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

We came to Tulum for a wedding (which was at Zebra, just down the beach) and stayed in Violeta for five days. I'm pretty convinced this is the nicest place on the Tulum Playa. The room was beautiful and clean, staff was kind and spoke english and spanish, oceanfront view was amazing, and despite the eco-vibe our room was clean and we were given a pile of fresh towels daily (important detail). It's true that there was rolling power, but we were advised of the times (power came on at 8am and went off again early afternoon; came on again at 6pm and went off at 10pm). Breakfast (free) started at 8am and included coffee, fresh milk, fruit, cereal and nutella. We stayed for five nights and had lovely weather until the last night, when a storm came in. It poured rain all night and day and the room leaked a tiny bit - just near the windows. All in all I would highly recommend Casa Violeta to anyone who's already made the decision to forgo a bit of western comfort and visit Tulum - it was a lovely, languid, sensory experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Nicholson, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Casa Violeta was everything I expected and then some!! We spent 5 days here last March 2010 (I could not put this as our stay date) and arrived to find a room with rose pedals and candle light welcoming us, not to mention a beach front cabana with a view that there are no words to describe. To say it was amazing is an understatement. My husband and I loved everything about this place. The food was out of this world, the staff running Casa Violeta felt like family in a day and were so wonderful. I even booked a session with the Shaman Carlos which was inspiring. The decor made me redecorate my home when I came back to PA. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this place. Remember it is an eco retreat, meaning no electricity after 11pm and no television, no phone, and no ability to flush things in the toliet. But that added to the charm for us. We stayed in both Lily and Magnolia and enjoyed both but Magnolia is something out of a novel.... I almost hate to give away the secret. Marianna was the best! Thank you! We will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DoctorCynthia
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Myself and my Wife had our wedding here last November and everything was just simply amazing. Karla and her team where the most attentive, helpful, wonderful people. They were so accommodating to all of our needs. Tulum itself is a beautiful magical place where you can forget all about your worries in the modern world. Casa Violetta manages to provide a high quality of service in a beautiful location whilst still retaining the tranquility and peacefulness of its location. Tulum unfortunately has too many places claiming to provide eco-chic accommodation that are run poorly and that overcharge. This is why I believe Casa Violeta to be the best hotel possibly in the Yucatan, definitely in Tulum. I can only apologize it has taken me so long to write this review. Thank you Casa Violeta for making our special day so wonderful.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

After searching reviews and websites for a place to stay in Tulum, we found Casa Violeta. While skeptical of reviews, we decided to stay at Casa Violeta and I can say that it was absolutely fantastic. The beach was beautiful and the rooms were awesome. We got to wake up to the sunrise over the ocean every morning. The staff was attentive and very friendly and we could not have asked for more.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrad1234
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

If you are looking for a place right on a pristine turquoise beach , away from clubs and noise, truly green and with good beds, look no further. This is It!.
Casa Violeta became the perfect gift my body and soul was aching for. Leaving doors and windows open at night and sleep to the sound of waves was a timeless and soothing experience.
Definitely coming back!!!!