1,298 results
All reviews pavo real nice swimming animation team italian speakers other guests learn some spanish clean property snorkel gear italian food shows at night plenty of chairs massage therapist fresh fish deep tissue per day sea grass dive shop
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Entire first floor smells like sewer. Loud AC, hard as rock, short (I'm 5'4" my feet hung off) mattresses with a sheet on bottom and sheet as blanket. Food is inedible. One buffet area some pasta, mushy fried food selection, fruit and flat sodas. There is a Mexican restaurant, it's open sometimes or with a reservation??

Hotel is non-refundable because for a few dollars more you can go anywhere better. I was offered a 50% refund... But when I went to check out after suffering one night in bug infeste, uncomfortable and inedible accommodations the trade was a fake review for a refund because my attitude was aggressive when I refused to submit a false review. I've stayed in Super 8, Motel 6's that are 2 star and way better. I'm not sure how they earned 3 stars. It's a sad weird place on. Pretty beach, camping would be more luxurious.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tbcbbffl
Anna_Rita_Nicoletti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at PavoReal Beach Resort Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Mr tbcbbffl,
We’re going to tell the true history on this review: you booked a not refundable stay for a garden view room. At you arrival you didn’t like the room, so that, the front desk guy suggested a free upgrade in a superior room. Your answer was once again “no”. So, patiently the front desk guy upgraded you in a Junior Suite. Each one can choose a not refundable or a standard rate reservation, free to prefer the first option at a cheaper price or the second option at a refundable standard price. So you’ve chosen the cheaper rate for the cheaper room. No smell, no noise and a regular mattress are the real tips of our rooms. The true story goes on with the “false review” : you are the one who threatened to write the worst of the reviews if we hadn’t refunded a part of your stay! You sent us an email threatening the bad, this bad review. We’re very sorry for you Sir, but each one of our guests appreciate our food, our rooms, our services and our staff. And the only night you stayed by us was certainly insufficient to judge any kind of service, just to be clear. And P.S.: the Mexican Restaurant is open by a reservation and you didn’t it.
Best regards
The management

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel grounds, food, and staff were wonderful. The location is great for tours and Pepe from the dive shop was very accommodating with helping organize these. If going into the town of Tulum, use the colectivo (van service) as it is far cheaper than taxis. Souvenirs are much cheaper there than anywhere else I have seen in Mexico besides the actual ruins of Chichen Itza where haggling is easy and fun. There are three pools right on the beach and plenty of chairs to lounge in. There are large iguanas and beautiful birds all over. The food is amazing and is mostly Italian since that seems to be the demographic of the majority of the clientele. At lunch the tacos are delicious, the only Mexican on the menu that we noticed to be honest. The Bravo staff were fun and helpful, especially Said who got us Coconuts from the gardener even though the hotel does not actually serve them. They also had a service to watch kids, which seemed great for the few families there. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious with hot water and good water pressure. The air conditioner filter could use a cleaning, however, because the room smelled a bit musty. My sense of smell isn’t great but I could smell it and my wife said it smelled a bit like pee. The music was a bit too loud in the morning as well. I mentioned this to the staff and noticed that it became calmer, fitting for the yoga classes they provide. If they could wait until after breakfast is over to start the music, then that would be much better as other guests complained about this as well. Overall the experience was well worth the money and we would stay their again. (Also sometimes seaweed comes into the shore but that is nothing they can do trip and had people working tirelessly to clean it up. It is a natural thing that is happening in the area as of late).

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anna_Rita_Nicoletti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at PavoReal Beach Resort Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Mr Patrick P
“Thank you” just doesn’t seem like enough to say thanks for this review! Your suggestions were, and are, precious to us to improve our quality of services and hospitality. We’re pleased to endorse your feelings on the seaweed: it’s a natural thing that is happening in the area now, it’s absolutely unpredictably. We love Mexico and we appreciate the beauty, and the few blemish, of the nature: the jungle, the Mayans, the ruins, the food and special tequila drinks.
Best regards
The staff and management

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We loved our 3 days at Pavoreal! The staff was great and the food was amazing! For only $15 a person a day you get the all inclusive meal and drink plan. I usually don't like buffets, but I thought this food was really good. The drinks not so good, but for $15 what do you expect. The view from our room was spectacular and the room was nice. I would highly recommend Pavoreal!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

My 3rd time back at Pavoreal staff are great food amazing and u can’t beat the beach only thing I would say it would of been good to have a massage in the beach instead of the rooms, great massage though back again very soon

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Anna_Rita_Nicoletti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at PavoReal Beach Resort Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Angela M!
What a wonderful award to our staff! Thanks a lot for this third stay here with us. We’re nicely ready to welcome you again anytime you want. Your favorite room is at your disposal.
Greetings from Tulum
The staff and management

Reviewed 26 April 2018

First time Mexico vacationers. It was our honeymoon, so we wanted to stay somewhere semi-secluded and quite. We decided to stay in Tulum a bit longer and finish with a 1 night stay in Cancun. The hotel is a straight shot from the airport, between 1-2 hrs away. Upon arriving, friendly staff await at the front desk. We arrived a little before check-in time but we were allowed to take part of the lunch buffet and check the hotel grounds while our room was prepared (also held our luggage) We promptly were on our way to our room.

The room was on the small side but with everything you could ever want, a nice bathroom and shower, comfy bed, tv, safe, mini fridge. However, all that is nothing compared to the balcony and the view. We asked for a hammock and enjoyed very much hanging out at night just chatting away under the stars. The cleaning crew is excellent too.

The pool, in my opinion, is also on the small side. Nonetheless, you have the beach right there in front of you. The beach was beautiful. Luckily, during our stay the waters were still; not rough at all and just breathtakingly clear hues of blue and green. A bit cold too.

We came to relax and that we did. Although there were other guests --I didn't seem to find other english speaking guests, I think most were italian-- it was very relaxing. The food was good overall. I especially liked the omletes and tacos and the staff was very attentive. We're Salvadorian, so we communicated in Spanish most of the time.

Last but not least, the resort is a short walk from a very nice Cenote and short cab ride from the town where you would go to see the Ruins, explore the market, and other cenotes. I would recommend renting a car tbh.

Checking out was a breeze. They held our luggage once again as we decided to walk the town one last time. Thank you-

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuvTravel14_1
Anna_Rita_Nicoletti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at PavoReal Beach Resort Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Mr/Mrs. LuTravel14_1
How to say? Thank you is not enough for your complete and pretty review. You (Guests) are our first thought in the morning, our last thought before we fall asleep and almost every thought in between. During all the day we move ourselves to satisfy any guests’ wish. Thank you for you to highlight how “ The beach was beautiful. Luckily, during our stay the waters were still; not rough at all and just breathtakingly clear hues of blue and green” . This is the testimony to say that our Caribbean sea is “Caribbean” most of the time.
Thanks a lot!