All reviews communal kitchen treetop suite om hotel manager tom beach road cook your own meals easy beach access biking distance each morning solar power hour electricity mosquito net car rental sian ka'an hot water the perfect spot bike ride
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

What a find, this is my first time to Las palmas and my fiancé has been back numerous occasions within the past four years. I cannot fault anything, Tom in which was very enthusiastic and entertaining. He shared his knowledge of the area with a full agenda of activities (where Dustin asked me to marry him) most certainly a relaxed atmosphere, cleanliness, and the total feeling of being welcomed. It's worth all the travel time to this little gem. We will be returning as soon as we can!!

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank mariahsch
Tom H, Manager at Las Palmas Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2016

Hey Mariah!

What a special trip ya'll had - I'm glad your trip and am so happy to hear of your engagement. Now may be a good time to mention all return guests receive a 10% discount so keep us in mind for wedding destinations!

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Well, I stayed at Palmas Maya not too long ago, and I must say it was a very pleasant surprise. Considering Tulum is not a cheap destination, Palmas Maya offers a reasonable rate with excellent facilities and service. It is not a beach front, but the beach is a minute walk away for a tenth of the price of other options and the rooms aré lovely. Tom and the rest of the staff aré amazing, specially Ana. Needless to say I'll be staying here again and again!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Giulio C

Hey Giulio,

Great to hear from you man. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope things are going well back home for you. We appreciate your kind words - Ana did a great job when she was with us.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Stayed at Las Palmas for 3 nights and cannot recommend this place enough. Believe all the reviews... Tom is an excellent host and makes the stay an absolute breeze. Beautiful area with amazing beaches, fantastic restaurants, and many ruins/ceynotes nearby. Beach access is easy and convenient as described. The only hard part is leaving. And... Tom is the man. Cheers!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M

Hey Shamus!

Thanks for your kind review - it was great meeting ya'll and hope to see you again. The beach is here year-round, come on back!

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Stayed at Las Palmas for 4 nights and had a great time. Tom was an incredibly helpful and hospitable host! I originally planned to travel alone, but a friend decided to join me 3 days before my scheduled arrival. Tom was easily reachable by phone and helped me upgrade to a bigger room right away. He also pointed us toward a reliable shuttle from Cancun Airport, which was very helpful & cheaper than some of the other options. When we arrived, he gave us the full rundown on nearby sights and restaurants. At a few beach clubs, people asked where we were staying and said, "Oh yeah, with Tom!" when we mentioned Las Palmas. During the stay we rented bikes to check out the ruins (worth it, but be prepared for a very hot, sunny 30-minute ride!), and it was convenient to have bikes to rent right there at the hotel. The rooms also had reliable WiFi, which was a life saver because cell service was spotty.

Las Palmas is a great spot if this is your first trip to Tulum and you want to explore the area with some beach time. The only drawbacks are how hot and humid the room gets during the day (although that's to be expected & they were lots of fans) and the fact that it is across the street from, not on, the beach. If you want to spend all day in your room or under a cabana, this might not be the place for you. There are plenty of other hotels like that for twice the price. But we never had any trouble drinking on the beach in the afternoons at Alma across the street, and we spent a lot of time exploring the area and ruins. If you want an affordable, friendly stay in Tulum, Las Palmas is an excellent choice!

Protip: The best decision I made in Tulum was hitting the spa at Cocqui Cocqui a short walk from Las Palmas. Seriously, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank caitycarroll

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with the world. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much - between the food, bicycle trip (the sun does do a great job here in the Caribbean!), beach and spa - I hope your batteries are fully charged from your vacation. Come back and visit us soon.

Muchas Gracias!

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent 6 nights at Las Palmas during our honeymoon.

The host Tom is incredible! He was extremely welcoming and helpful. Every recommendation he provided was gold. He helped us arrange a private tour of Coba and some cenotes for a quarter of the price we would have paid to go with a tour group. His restaurant recommendations were spot on.

The accommodation was clean and comfortable. It was hot and humid most days while we were there, but the fans provided in the room were enough to keep us cool. While the property isn't on the beach, it is seconds across the road with easy access. The bedroom and bathroom facilities in our room were basic but more then enough to keep us happy.

We felt very safe and looked after during our trip. Tom, we can't thank you enough for your gracious hospitality. We definitely feel we had an authentic Tulum experience.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah D
Tom H, Manager at Las Palmas Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Hey there Mrs. Sarah!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the world - you two accomplished so much during your stay, yet still managed to enjoy lots of beach time. I'm glad you found my advice helpful - that is how I like to vacay - adventure time and down time, all in perfect balance. Congratulations again and come see us soon! Anniversary in the Caribbean has a nice ring to it!!