5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$563
View deal
PricelineUS$593
eDreamsUS$563
getaroom.comUS$769
FindHotelUS$559
Agoda.comUS$593
Snaptravel
All reviews tree house pollo stand up shower rooftop bar beach club escorted downstairs mi familia mexican independence perfect background chocolate wrap relaxation massage treehouse feel hotel decor is loud guests blew my mind unique hotel en el
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Kanan was absolutely breathtaking, but the best part was the staff! Before we came they set up our ride from the airport, gave us restaurant recommendations, and answered all our questions. While we were there we got a travelers bug and they actually brought us a special drink to our room that made us feel better immediately and offered to call the doctor for us! We got to know the waiters personally and they were genuinely excited to see us each day. 1000% recommend!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerente General, Director General at Kanan Tulum By Ahau Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Andriaa,

We are happy to read your review. It was a pleasure for all of us to host you and it fills us with satisfaction to know that we were able to assist you in everything.

Each member of the staff puts their grain of sand to ensure that our guests take memorable memories of their vacations and your comments confirm us that we have done a good job.

Thanks again for your review. We hope you come back soon.

Cordially

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and the room was nice and spacious . Air conditioner worked well and there were no bugs, which is a huge plus in Tulum. The location of the hotel is also convenient.

However, the rooftop music plays very loudly from about 6pm to 11pm. After spending the day out on the beach, it would’ve been nice to be able to take a siesta and relax in my room before dinner. This was impossible for me. It felt like my bedroom was on the rooftop with the music but I was one floor below. But to each their own! If you’re looking for a quiet hotel, this isn’t the one. For me, it would’ve been nice to have had the option to participate in the rooftop activities or not. I really wasn’t given the option.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello there,

Thank you very much for sharing your review about your stay at Kanan.
It was a pleasure for all of us to host you, thank you for highlighting the charm of the hotel and the quality of our rooms.
Tulum has been in constant growth, so being in one of the most central areas there is a lot of movement and a lot of nightlife, we regret that you have not rested well due to the music from the roof top, there is only live music on weekends.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While we did not stay here, we are definitely considering it after last nights rooftop meal. The rooftop sits right above the ocean, and absolutely beautiful on a full moon night. The salmon tartar and squid ink pasta were absolutely amazing. Our servers were personable, knowledgeable, and very eager to help give us one of the best dining experiences of our lives. High recommend. Sometimes, being an American here you can feel like you are not getting the value you are paying for. That is absolutely not the case here. I am a Food and Beverage director in Austin Texas, and this place sets itself apart from any dining experience I’ve had.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Greg,

You are so kind to share the comments about your experience at Kanan. We are very happy that you enjoyed dinner on our wonderful rooftop.
We hope that you come back soon and also that you will give us the opportunity to host you with us and pamper you with all the magic of Kanan.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Kanan is without a doubt my first choice hotel to stay at whenever I come back to Tulum. The hotel is literally on the beach and it was gorgeous. The staff did a very good job at removing the seaweed where other hotels had beaches with a lot of it. The architecture is absolutely fascinating, you feel like you are eating and staying in a luxury birds nest with the most incredible local woodwork. It was one of the most visually appealing hotels I have ever stayed in and I travel frequently. The food was also delightful, the beef in particular was one of the best cooked meats I have ever tasted. The staff were friendly and attentive and I have too many good things to possibly write down about this place. 5 stars!

Date of stay: July 2021

Dear Harry,

Thank you very much for sharing such wonderful comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed each space in the hotel and that you take back memorable memories of your visit to Kanan, thank you for highlighting the quality of our food and beverages, but above all for mentioning the quality of our service.

We hope you come back soon and let us pamper you with all the magic of Kanan.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a must try for anyone’s trip to Tulum. Jonathan our server was super accommodating and even took beautiful photos of me and my boyfriend. He also was sprinkling in Mayan history facts and we learned a lot about the culture and history behind Kanan.

The food was absolutely delicious. We ordered the squid ink pasta and the sea food duo (duo del mar). The drinks are also amazing.

I was absolutely blown away at the service and the view. 10/10!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello!

We are very happy to read your comments. It is good to know that you enjoyed our food and drinks, without a doubt we have a wonderful roof with a spectacular 360 ° view.

Thank you for value the warmth of our service, we hope you come back soon.