“Fabulous Dinner”
Review of Beso Tulum

Beso Tulum
Ranked #115 of 498 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Description: Mystical Tulum welcomes a Beso restaurant, where the mediterranean kitchen, art, and environment are the special guests in the land of Mexico. Mediterranean cuisine fuzed with Basque gastronomy with a touch of Mexican magic. We bring the best of the Iberian peninsula and its products to the wealth of Mexican products. Don't just come and eat. At Beso, the energy and good environment is of principal importance. The music, the people, and the friendships are the pillars of a different cosmopolitan atmosphere. We support the growth of the local culture and promote fair commerce for artists and unique creators. Local crafts, art, fashion, and design are valued by the Beso spirit.
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is beautiful and the staff is very nice. We enjoyed our dinner, and the steak was excellent.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing place and food. Good service and atmosphere. Very good music! I would recommend this place to anyone! Me and my friends had a great nicht!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Honestly I liked the place... up until I spent the entire next day on the John.

Appetizers were great (grilled veggies without too much cooking oil, and a delicious quinoa salad). Thankfully the apps were huge portions, so my girlfriend and I are very little of the black (squid ink) paella. After a few bites I observed that it tasted very fishy. We stopped eating it but not soon enough...

I’m guessing that the fish used was old and rotten because it turned me inside out the entire next day.

Anyway, the place was actually quite cool, but I needed some revenge for a lost day on vaca. Just don’t get the paella!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The food simply was not good. The total price was over 300 usd making it more expensive than Arca, kitchen table and Cenzontle... all 3 have much higher service standard and quality of food.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I really hate to give this restaurant only 2 stars BUT they earned it. Maybe we were a bit skewed because we had eaten at Rosa Negra the night before and the service and food was off the charts good. That said, Beso was supposedly operating in Spain so they should know what they are doing and be well trained.

We arrived at 10pm for a late dinner. Surprisingly, there was nobody in the restaurant (I know....never a good sign). We took a seat just far enough from the loud music being played by the DJ. There was no formality for seating or welcoming at all. Then after about 10 minutes, we asked for the menus since they didn't provide them at first. We asked for a wine list but they said they didn't have one. They have red and white wines.....really?

We asked what the fish of the day was that was on the menu and they said they didn't have any fish today. In Tulum and no fresh fish at a restaurant like this? We asked about a cabernet wine and they said they didn't have any so they would bring out the 2 bottles they had left. Not very professional at all.

We did order the paella and a cornish hen which when he delivered he called a baby chicken. The food was decent but the service was just sloppy and careless. There was nobody else in the restaurant and we had to continue trying to get the attention of the waiters.

We asked for the manager (at Rosa Negra, the manager comes around 1-2 times during the meal even at a full restaurant) and explained that we just did not feel as though they had things together. He said sorry but they will try better. He didn't ask us to come back and give them an opportunity to blow us away. Just "sorry" even though he knew I was with the Secretary of the Tulum Small Hotel Association. Crazy in my opinion.

The bill came and it was $250 USD for 3 people with 3 entrees, 2 cocktails and a bottle of wine. That is crazy expensive for Tulum. We paid that same price at Rosa Negra the night before and were happy doing it but with the unprofessional service and lack of management and training, I don't think this place will be in business very long. Tulum has become so competitive at the upper end of the dining experience, this place will just not make it. There are too many other good places to go so leave this one off your list.