See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

I came here on my own whilst diving with Protec. It's a great location (1 street back from Main Street, couple of blocks from Protec) the rooms are very basic (no fridge, sketchy wifi, no wardrobe) but they are clean, decent AC and good bathroom. Staff are friendly although limited English spoken so be ready with your best Spanglish if you aren't fluent!

I'd think of it as a motel or hostel more than a hotel. Breakfast is simple - you have two options eggs and chorizo or eggs and ham. But you are so close to loads of restaurants I wouldn't worry.

In short - I'd come again for a dive trip. I wouldn't bring my wife here for a "lovely" holiday.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Good location, about one block from the main street, with lots of restaurants and local taco stands.
Basic breakfast included was eggs, toast, coffee and juice.
Room was a little worn and dated, especially for the price.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank luvs2travel76
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

If you're away from your room being an active tourist, this place is for you. No frills, great AC, nice flat screen TV and hot water. Spanish-speaking only front desk staff but friendly and helpful (140 lbs of dive gear up to the third floor). I'd stay here again if there was a small refrigerator in the room. It was close to where I needed to be for diving.

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank Stanton P
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a good hotel and close to the dive centre and rooms are basic but very clean and tidy so this was great for me. There is a large courtyard area and wifi, although it comes and goes. The breakfast next door was basic but good. Down sides: only one safety box in reception, lots of noise with drills going on until 2200 but that seemed to stop when I complained but as I say if your primary goal is diving and not staying in a fancy place, this is ideal

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jonssey
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for a week during a dive trip. The hotel's location was great. It was several blocks from our dive shop and a 2 to 10 minute walk from most of the restaurants we visited (except a few on the beach and I would not recommend going to the beach to eat).

While this is not a hotel that I would take my wife, it was perfect for my dive buddy and me. Rooms were small, the mattresses were hard but the rooms were very clean and the maids did a good job tidying up the room each day.

For a dive trip, this hotel is a 4 but for your spouse, it would be a 2 at best.

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Also, there is a grocery store next door and a small fruit market 50 feet away.

A breakfast is included in the price. They served OJ and/or coffee and either eggs with pork, ham, or a leafy vegetable or fruit/yogurt.

Date of stay: February 2014