All reviews free bikes beach towels refried beans the hotel offers complimentary beautiful hotel pool area is small within blocks bike path small fridge nearest beach modern design casa tortuga yogurt super close freshly squeezed juice clean hotel tea and coffee
Reviewed 30 October 2018

The employees at Elements are very accommodating from check-in to recommendations to special requests. Daily housekeeping & replenishing of toiletries were a plus. The rooms themselves are large and very clean (aside from the occasional tiny ant that you'll encounter--I kept all food in the mini fridge). The balcony was perfect for reading and catching some sun if you did not want to use the pool. The pool area is small but clean and not crowded. Breakfast was good with slight variations in the scrambled eggs/fruit each day. Coffee was not the best but K'Bok is a short walk/bike ride away if you need it. It's on the main road but away from the noise/shops which I personally liked. It's about 2 blocks from the popular bars like Batey--walked home from there (female traveling alone) and I was fine. Free bike rental was a great perk as everything (beach, ruins, restaurants, Cenote Calavera, etc) is easy to access via bike. They also lend you pool/beach towels if you need. If you'd rather a tour guide take you to these spots Rosy has suggestions on who to use.

Room tip: Request a higher floor if you'd like a balcony. 3 floors of rooms (breakfast is on 4th floor terrace)
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jinah S
Reviewed 23 October 2018

I chose this hotel because I didn't want to pay high price to stay on the beach as I would be out exploring most of the times.
The hotel is easily accessible from the 307. Check in was fast. I had the midrange room which was spacious and clean but smelled a little musty like it had been locked up for a while. There is no phone in the room. You have to walk to the front desk for everything. There is no iron in room but available on request. The iron I received had burnt bottom. There was a mini refrigerator in the room. Toiletries provided. The pool area is small and quiet. We did not enjoy the breakfast, not much of a variety to choose from also wasnt tasty.
I did not like that the rooms are key operated with room number. We couldn't help but wonder if the keys are lost someone could just enter the room.
The last night of my stay there was NO HOT WATER. I went to the front desk and was told the water tank was reset and the hot water will be back in 15 minutes. I waited beyond 15 minutes, no hot water. Decided to take a brave cold shower. When we woke in the morning to get a decent shower, still no hot water all way up to check out at noon. The front desk agent just said, "I'm sorry."
Overall, this is an OK place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

It was a nice place to rest with he heat of the center of the town. They provide free bikes and they just request to take care of them, I liked that. The rooms are simple with some earthy feel to it,comfy. I enjoyed the pool at night as it wasnt many people there, is a small pool and its refreshing at night with some starts as your sky view. The personal is very very nice and attentive. The breakfast was included but it was the same everyday so by the 3rd I didnt have any.Everything is very closed by so overall I liked my stay in here.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

This was a really nice hotel. Friendly staff, exceptionally clean, spacious and modern rooms with good showers and air con, free bikes to get to the beach, tasty breakfast, great pool and a relaxing atmosphere.

There are lots of hotels on the beach but personally we preferred staying here in town as the food is generally cheaper and there is more culture to experience.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Located 5 minutes walk from town center.
Very much value for the money ( we went in offseason)
Spacious and clean rooms, felt like a 5 star hotel. Great breakfast. Very helpful staff. There was a renovation for like 5 hours going on one day, and as a " sorry for the noise"- we got a free tour to a cenote. Very good customer service.