“Excellent all around”
Review of Posada Yum Kin

Posada Yum Kin
Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 24 August 2012

A beautiful place! The pictures don't do it justice. I came here with my boyfriend and we had a hard time leaving the hotel for the city and beaches. The pool is so lovely. The breakfast is great and includes tons of fruit and pancakes and french toast. Our room was decorated so nicely and had a great balcony which was nice to sit out at night. The kitchenette in each room really saves you a lot of money since you can bring food home and cook and store alcohol in your mini-fridge.

The service is amazing; all the staff was smiling and so kind. The manager Ricardo took great care of us. The posada is a little hidden about a $2 cab from the downtown strip or a 15 minute walk. It's a 15 minute drive from the beach, or a $5 cab.

This place is a very luxurious hotel for the price range.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollyjacs

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Posada Yum Kin is on the edge of town (the quite /jungle side) that being said Tulum is still a small town and everything is readily accessible by car, bike or Taxi. This is a neat hotel; the owners live on site and are extremely gracious and always ready to help, this includes, their children who are extremely helpful and well mannered.
The relatively blank façade, out front, does not show much from the street but once thru the door into a courtyard it is an oasis / Garden of Eden. First step in, prior to checking in, I felt like family, it really does give that homey, hippy, Mayan feel. In the office I noticed that they have a very good video monitoring which made me feel safe concerning parking my rental car on the street, unlike other hotels I have stayed at in the Rivera Maya. I just felt safe and did not worry about leaving my laptop / valuables in the room when I went out diving for the day.
This place is a hidden gem and I would recommend it to others, without reservation. Oh and it really has a great relaxing spa/ pool to relax in. I am currently staying in the smallest studio ,#9, since I came down on this trip alone, This is their most modest room, and it is still really a neatly done studio and would easily accommodate a couple. It has a hotplate, refrigerator, coffee maker and sink. For a hotel / studio kitchenette it is actually well stocked, better than most places I have stayed at, including the USA. The kitchenette is probably a little limited for a large meal but it is really nice to make up a snake or early morning breakfast if you plan an early day out.
And, drum roll please, it has a really good, no BS, Wi-Fi network, which has the bandwidth to steam if you want to watch TV or movies on your laptop. All in all next time I come down to Tulum I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank gopbroek
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I go to the Posada Yum Kin in early July. I was really impressed, everything is perfect, no detail has been overlooked. I looked at all the pictures on facebook and tripadvisor is even better in real life! I return to Tulum this winter, I intend to introduce my friends this wonderful place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank C0lie
DanPYK, Public Relations Manager at Posada Yum Kin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you for the great feedback! We certainly hope you introduce your friends to PYK and make our place, your place!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I went around the Yucatan Peninsula and we had a great time in this beautiful hotel, they have everything you need for a lovely stay. The rooms are exquisite beautifully decorated. They have kitchen with appliances, dinning room, balcony with two chairs, and a great swimming pool, also they serve fresh fruit and juice, pancakes and delicious coffee with cinnamon

It is highly recommended hotel where you can really rest and ejoy.

The owner and her family are really nice and helpful people.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful all depending on the number of people. all are quite and private.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aracely V
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Very nice place. Dan and David go for the extra mile to make a wonderful experience. The place is so clean you could eat on the floors. The pool is so blue and clean. Every morn we woke up with great coffee, fruit, and pancakes.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family