“closed for the season”

Hechizo
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2017

we heard all around this place was great. Sadly its closed for the time being. its on the south end so check before you go and don't waste your time driving.

1  Thank Brightline

Reviewed 15 July 2016

I'm a huge Rancho San Eric fan: so, expect nothing but superlatives for this chef, their tables, the cuisine and total experience. I've been eating here for 5 years -- it's the best Manhattan or LA or Chicago has to offer -- the very best -- aside the Caribbean in Tulum at the hands of an exceptional food artist. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 24 May 2016

We went to Hechizo for our final meal after 7 nights in Tulum. The meal was great. The chef personally came to our table to take our order. We explained that we would be sharing everything and asked him to course the meal appropriately. He did a wonderful job.

The restuarant is slightly "old school" compared to some of the newer popular restaurants. It has white table clothes and wine glasses. It is away from the hustle and bustle and was a perfect way for us to end our vacation.

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our last night of our 25th anniversary at this restaurant. Reservations are recommended but they will seat you if they are able.
We sat outside among candles and strung lights and listened to the waves. It was windy, to be expected in Tulum, but it was beautiful.
The service is impeccable. The staff are very attentive and also discrete. They came and cleared the table between courses and never made me feel uncomfortable even though I had no clue which utensil to use when.
Chef Stefan is the owner along with his wife, Hui, (she makes the desserts and the flourless chocolate cake is to DIE for). Chef Stefan comes out and kneels by your table and goes over the menu with you and takes your order. He is so polite and welcoming.
My husband had the braised lamb shank and I had the red snapper dish. They were both excellent. I will not try to describe them as I will not do them justice.
And, for dessert, we shared, okay I let my husband have a couple of bites, the flourless molten chocolate cake with ice cream. There are no words. I will crave it until I have it again.

If you come to Tulum, this should be where you spend your last evening.

Oh, btw, although we didn't wear our cut-off shorts, we did show up without shoes since we came from the beach side. However, I would recommend shoes for inside dining.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Exceptional service & attention to explaining the composition of the menu. Food well presented & beautifully cooked. Paired with good [& good value] Mexican wine. All this whilst sitting outside on a warm evening under the stars - shame we were travelling back to the UK next day!