US$241
US$182
  • Pool
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$276
Bookit.com
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$179
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$371
Official Website
US$254
US$418
US$581
US$384
  • Breakfast included
Le Reve Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$167
Cancelon
  • Pool
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$984
All reviewsrooftop poolsushimamitas beachroom serviceall inclusive dealamazing hotelasian fusionquiet sidenoisy at nightfifth avenuethe location is perfecttapas restaurantbeach bagshort walk to the beachbeach clubrooms are largerooms are great
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing stay at Aqua live boutique, the service was excellent everyone was attentive to our needs the star definitely makes a difference, we had never been given such personalized attention, the food at Dai was my favorite! The all over Asia variety was amazing! we loved it !
Like the other restaurants, to be such a small hotel is a plus that they have 4 restaurants. The pool area is very nice with the ocean view, the food, the music, you could sunbathe with a wonderful food and drink service and at night enjoy good music and cocktails in a very relaxed atmosphere .
Super clean rooms the best bed I've ever had.
I would definitely go back, highly recommended if you are looking for a different experience, full of different sensations in one place.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daisy F
Eduardo C, Gerente at Live Aqua Boutique Resort Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Daisy, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community, we do try to take every opportunity to satisfy our guests needs and desires in order to make every vacation memorable.

We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our restaurants, comfy beds, Night life, terrace and especially about the service provided by our staff.

Thank you again for all your kind comments and recommendations for future travelers. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Live Aqua Boutique.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2017

First, let's review the good stuff..
My friend was turning 40 and via email the concierge and I talked about what we wanted for her ...they had an awesome birthday message with balloons and even champagne upon her arrival to her room
Upon arrival they greet you with a cold towel and a glass of champagne..nice after a long van ride from airport
The room is very nice, cool art all over the hotel, beautiful rooftop deck
Great asian food
Now, what needs improvement?
Our shower drain was draining very slowly, I called and reported it, they never fixed it...by the end of our stay it was starting to flow into bathroom floor.
Next, our AC went out on our last night, which they fixed...but this was the night we tried to get some extra sleep (which did not work out as they were in our room for 2 hours fixing the ac)
The AC went out again in the morning when we had to pack and shower to go home...we talked to the front desk to see if anything could be done with our bill due to above issues--they said they could only give us future nights free. We live and work in Texas and going to Mexico for an extra night or two is not something that we can do easily--so they did nothing to compensate for the inconveniences.
THEY NEED A GOOD BARTENDER- there may have been a trained bartender there every now and then, but the drinks would be wrong, or drastically different depending on who made them--a master recipe book for those making drinks along with a basic drink menu would be a huge improvement
If you can speak Spanish, I think it really helps with the accuracy of service. Often the sweet staff members would smile and agree, but then it just wouldn't happen--I think it was because they did not understand the request.
The rest of the food, besides asian, is mediocre--
So, would I stay there again, probably not- but I would NOT do the all inclusive if I did...eating outside the hotel was amazing local food and drinks that we ended up just doing the last couple of days we were there...

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank TEMAustin

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to give us this detailed review about many of the services we have to offer our guests. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our check-in, Asian restaurant, room and the special created for your friend’s birthday.
Thank you as well for your constructive criticism, we will be keeping it in mind when creating strategies that will help us achieve our guests complete satisfaction.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Live Aqua Boutique.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

This was our 4th vacation to a Live Aqua resort; the first 2 were at Love Aqua Cancun. That resort is AMAZING and, for better or worse, is the standard by which we rate the other Live Aqua resorts. As the week progressed we became less impressed with Live Aqua Playa del Carmen. The pool is cold - not many people in it at all. There were rooftop parties a couple of nights that were a little noisy. There were only 2 restaurants from which to choose for dinner. Twice Mural wasn't open when we went - had to go to Dai, the Asian restaurant. (According to the schedule we were given when we arrived, Mural was supposed to be open. Turns out Mural was closed for a private party that included a VERY LOUD rock band!!) I enjoyed the soup I ordered at Dai that evening and my partner said that he'd like to try it but it looked like it was made with beef broth. He cannot eat beef because of an allergy to BGH. We looked at the menu and it noted that the soup was made with chicken broth. He asked the server if it was made with beef and she said no. He ordered a bowl and, still feeling somewhat skeptical, took one small sip. Sure enough his tongue started to feel numb - a sign that the soup contained beef. This was for us the final straw - we will never return to this resort.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjbatcho

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback regarding your recent experience.

Our main objective is to achieve our guests complete satisfaction; attention to detail, variety in culinary experiences and most of all, a personalized service are what we rely on to achieve this task. Therefore, I deeply apologize for having missed the mark in so many aspects. I have reviewed your comments with my team managers, and we will be taking very serious measures to ensure that situations like these are eradicated and that our standards are being met in order to maintain the name and reputation of a Live Aqua Resort.

I sincerely hope you give us the chance to be your hosts once again, and show you the improvements we have made with your very objective feedback in mind.

I remain at your service for any additional comments you may have,

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I booked this trip on a whim and based on TA reviews I had read. My initial concerns were that it was in the middle of the city and not on the beach - but those concerns quickly disappeared after arriving at the resort. It's beautiful, clean, and the staff is excellent. Like most other resorts I've been to - the food and drinks are ok, nothing to rave about. However, you're just feet away from cute little restaurants on 5th ave that have incredible food and a very reasonable price. We did wander out two of the 4 nights for dinner so we had the best of both worlds. It depends on what kind of vacation you're going for - I wanted to spend my day in the sun and at night go out and experience the food, people, and culture. If you'd rather be on a quiet beach - this may not be for you. Thank you Live Aqua for a wonderful stay. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that is on the opposite end of 5th Ave so that you don't get bothered by noise :)
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruqayya A

Ruqayya thank you very much for sharing your comments with TripAdvisor community. It was a pleasure to host you during your recent vacation in Playa del Carmen.

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and you can appreciate our privileged location, installations and we are very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you again for your amazing review and we are looking forward to welcome you back in Live Aqua Boutique.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2017

The staff was excellent, room good and food was OK. It was hard to find shade on the rooftop pool and the music was awful. Coffee shop doesn't open until 10, makes no sense. This place is nice enough but definitely not our style.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tony C
Eduardo C, Gerente at Live Aqua Boutique Resort Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the overall experience.

We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us about the music and the coffee shop, we going to work in this areas.

I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our experiences.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Boutique, give us the opportunity to surprise you on your next visit.