1,978 results
All reviewspunta bonitaplunge poollagoon suiteoutdoor showercasa del lagojose mariaspa islandsense spabanyan treegolf cartbutler serviceeco tourlobster tacosfour seasonssun deckpersonal butlerlas ventanas
Reviewed 27 October 2015

This was our second visit to the Rosewood, with the last in September 2014. We usually try different upscale resorts such as Four Seasons and rarely go back to the same so we can explore other places, but we were so impressed with the first visit we went again. It did not disappoint.

This visit we had the beach front villa 602. It was amazing with our deck right out on the beach with our private lounge chairs steps away on the beach, set up every morning with towels so not waiting for service when we were ready. We had lunch and drinks served on the beach with excellent service by Juan and others on the staff. Gerson is the manager at Punta Bonita and greeted us daily with tips and took care of us. Thank you Gerson.

Ani, the butler supervisor was our butler on the previous visit and it was great to see her again, taking care of us during this visit too. We had a great time every evening at Punta Bonita bar and the bartenders, Salvador, Fernando were fantastic and had us trying many tequilas.

Many of the staff remembered us from 13 months before some with hugs and welcome back. Special thanks to Valeria, activities director, for all the special touches and good conversation.

Casa del Lago was excellent for dinner and a great breakfast with a large assortment, They have added more breakfast items that have a Mexican influence. Lobster omelet was very good.

All in all, it is obvious that the Rosewood is well managed with a dedicated staff to deliver top service at all levels of their staff. We will go for a third time sometime in the near future. It's that good and you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank primediver
Rosewood M, General Manager at Rosewood Mayakoba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear primediver,

On behalf of Gerson, Ani, Salvador, Fernando, Valeria and myself, we are humbled by your decision to visit Rosewood Mayakoba a second time. We love every opportunity to welcome back our valued guests, and we are delighted to know that your second visit was even better than the first. You chose excellently with the Beachfront Villa. If you want unfettered access to the beach, then that is what you will get! We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the enhanced menu at Casa del Lago. As we continue to improve and add to our resort, we are excited to surprise our guests with new things every time they visit. If I can be of any assistance in booking your third visit, please let me know how I can help. We look forward to the next time we meet!

Daniel Scott
Managing Director

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a trip to Rosewood Mayakoba for our anniversary. Upon arrival (I highly recommend using their car service to and from the airport) we were greeted by genuine smiling faces and the warmest welcome. We were escorted by boat through a tropical paradise to our suite, where is seems simplistic luxury meets nature at its most beautiful. We were immediately relaxed and felt at home. The resort offered luxury dining and service without feeling stuffy or pretentious. Staff were engaging and seemed to genuinely enjoy making sure we were having a nice time. Rosewood Mayakoba sets the bar high and they won us over-we will definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2015

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Rosewood Mayakoba and were overwhelmed by the incredible service and the property itself. If one wants to be spoiled at the very highest levels, this is the place for you. I've traveled all over the world and have never experienced service like the Rosewood. We must compliment Pavel and Veronica and all the staff for making this a trip of dreams. We can't wait to come back.

1  Thank parkoak

Dear parkoak,

Warmest congratulations to you and your wife! We are so pleased you enjoyed your honeymoon at Rosewood Mayakoba. What with our sumptuous suites, unparalleled dining options and scenic stretches of beach in Rivieria Maya, we try to set the stage for luxurious, romantic experiences. Your compliments toward Pavel and Veronica will certainly be passed along, and we hope that thanks to their assistance, you made memories here to last you a lifetime. Best wishes in your new life together. We hope to see you again soon.

Daniel Scott
Managing Director

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Can't begin with the amazing list of high qualities of Rosewood Mayacoba. Best experience so far in riviera maya. From the welcome details starting with a fresh drink, a boat tour with fruit brochettes delights through the mangroves to the ocean front suite. The suite is very spacious and nicely decorated and with all amenities you can ask for. The quality of service is among the best I've ever experience. Friendly staff, extremely attentive. Room service fast and very good. The services at the beach incredible. The place is by far one of the best resorts in the world. The 3 restaurants: Agave Azul, Casa del Lago, Punta Bonita y La Ceiba are beautiful places with great food.
Rosewood Mayacoba it's a huge resort but you feel at home and the distances are easy to manage with golf carts, boats and bicycles to get along with and the best part the hotel offers to download their app so you can have all their services in your mobile 24 hours to contact them in every single thing you need.
The spa is amazing also full of amenities and treatments My stay has been a truly delight to all my senses. I have enjoyed every single moment.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank blackestee
Reviewed 25 October 2015

First of all, all the reviews here are spot on. This place is amazing! My experience exceeded the reviews even! The trip was a birthday gift from my husband. From the moment we arrived, we received first-class treatment. If you stay on the lagoon side, you're brought by boat, which was really nice! We had a beautiful suite. You could sit outside and not see your neighbors at all. It was very private. One afternoon we saw the resident croc even!!! I'm a bit of a clean freak, and the room was spotless each and every day. (I even walked barefoot inside, which I never do!!) Our butlers were Claudia and Johana and they made sure that every need was met. They were the kindest ladies! This mentality was throughout the entire resort! You could download an ap and communicate with them whenever you needed. What a wonderful idea that is!! The Casa de Lago pool was just beautiful and a little more quiet than the beach pool. If we even moved a muscle, Francisco stopped us to see if we needed something. The servers at the pool, Carmen and Carolina, were very attentive and nice..while Jorge made a mean margarita! ~ On Wednesday night we ate at La Ceiba, which was the private dinner party. I HIGHLY recommend attending this. The food was amazing and Lutz was an outstanding host! We were able to taste different wines and tequilas. La Ceiba was by far the best meal we had. It also gave us an opportunity to meet other guests and we had a wonderful evening. Lutz and the servers brought out a cake for me with a sparkler on it and sang. It was really sweet. The next day, which was my official birthday, we left the pool and entered our suite only to find it decorated with another cake with beautiful balloons, the window was also decorated with balloons, a sweet gift was left, and A HOT BUBBLE BATH WITH WINE WAS WAITING FOR ME!! I couldn't believe it! What a wonderful surprise, and one that I thoroughly enjoyed! While I was soaking in the tub, my husband was utilizing the outdoor shower which was his favorite part of the room, I think!! That evening we enjoyed a private cocktail party with delicious hors d'oeuvres, then dinner with the lovely people we met. We stayed a little late, and there were several of us, but our server was very kind about it and wasn't bothered at all. I wish I could remember his name to recognize him here, but I can't recall it. After dinner, once again, they brought out cake with a candle and champagne!! I thought I was going to burst! The attention to detail was unreal with regard to the beautiful grounds and the service. Nothing got past Claudia and Johana. We went on an excursion one day and it was fantastic. It was a private tour to the Coba ruins with the swimming cave tour. Our guide, Mario, was wonderful and very knowledgeable. He timed it just right so that we got there and saw everything before the masses of people showed up. I was so thankful to be with him in a nice SUV rather than in a tour bus! It rained a lot before we got there, and then it was spotty showers during the week. Unfortunately, the beach water was torn up because of this so we didn't get to experience the beautiful blue waters. So...we will just have to return!!! There are truly no words to explain Rosewood. You have to experience it for yourself!!! We've been to the nicest places in the Caribbean and elsewhere, but this by far was the nicest. If you're on the fence about booking, please just do it. You will not be disappointed! It is expensive, but well worth the money! We cannot say enough nice things about Rosewood and I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: the lagoon side was very quiet and private. we loved it!
3  Thank Ginger R