El Taj is, in my opinion, now the best place to stay in Playa. The location is perfect, right on the beach between 12-14, the rooms are spacious, gorgeous, and very well appointed, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the beautiful beach is just steps away.
Rooms: Simply put, I've never stayed in a better room. Our unit (#356) was a one-bedroom condo with a stove, fridge, cooking/eating utensils, HUGE couch, two flat screens with digital cable, floor to ceiling window in bedroom, big lovely bathroom, shower, big King Bed. The decor is a fusion of contemporary and tropical Balinese that blends really well.
*nicks: bed is REALLY firm and pillows are huge a clunky. This didn't bother me but my girlfriend had to use a couch pillow.
* notes: I would recommend asking for square footage when requesting available rooms. We learned that there was a 300 sq ft difference between equally priced one-bedroom units that you can't really discern from the pictures. So naturally we choose the largest one (#356 - 860 sq foot).
Beach (Indigo Beach Club): The beach is beautiful, the day beds are heavenly and the food/drinks are overall good.
*nicks: There are boats directly in front the resort so you need to stroll down the beach a bit or swim in between them. The chicken satay from Indigo was tiny. Not enough food for a single person appetizer.
Pool/Jacuzzi: Well they look beautiful. But they are not heated and get no sunshine after noon, so we never stepped foot in. But we are beach people anyway.
Service/Staff: Excellent. Everyone is so friendly! We had a few issues with our door lock and phone, and the staff fixed both in a timely manner. Security was very prevalent and premises were secure 24 hours.
The only drawbacks: cool pools, no ice machine, fishing boats on beach, no room service or food for dinner.
The positives: EVERYTHING ELSE.
Love this place! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Playa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya, Mexico - Playa Del Carmen