4,459 results
All reviews los murales time share thomas moore lap pools taco party dive balam prime rib night all inclusive package all inclusive guests full kitchen welcome party shrimp tacos all inclusive plan pool bar room service free shuttle order off the menu
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We exchanged our timeshare in Florida for a week at the Royal Haciendas in Playa. Having stayed at the Royal Caribbean and the Royal Sands in Cancun, we have anxiously been awaiting the day when we could get a chance to stay here. It was not crowded at all--I don't know if it has to do with the belief that Mexico is not safe or what. This is our second trip to Mexico in a year where it seemed like hardly anyone was there. NEWSFLASH!!! The violence in Mexico is in the border towns--not the resorts! Believe me, I am a scaredy-cat and I never felt unsafe for a moment. But if this means we have the beach, white sand, and pools to ourselves--so be it.

Of course the grounds are immaculate, the beach is gorgeous, and the rooms are beautifully appointed. They go the extra mile with customer service and friendly, helpful staff. You will not pass a staff member that doesn't greet you with hola! buenos dias, buenos tardes, or buenos noches. They are constantly asking if you need something. About the beach--every morning they raked up all the palm leaves and seaweed that had washed on to the shore. Meticulous!

It's great that all rooms have a view of the ocean. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath villa with a kitchen. Now that the girls are teenagers it's great for them to have their own bathroom! There's tons of closet space. I loved the walk-in shower on the master suite side. All villas have a whirlpool on the patio or balcony. My girls enjoyed this as it was cool and rainy for a few days. Who wouldn't want to sit in a warm hot tub overlooking the ocean on an overcast day? Honestly, my family of four could live very comfortably in this large space.

There are two restaurants on site: La Palapa, which serves buffet style and menu options, breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had breakfast (on the house) in exchange for letting the sales rep tell us about timeshare purchase options. Everything was so good! Our sales rep was funny and friendly and did not pressure us at all. We enjoyed our time with him. He told us what was available and showed us one of the newer villas with upgrades. When we said we weren't interested right now, he graciously let us go--that's it. We didn't eat at the other restaurant, Los Murales, a fancier seafood restaurant. The pool bars have excellent food. Guacamole, shrimp tacos, burgers, etc. The drinks were great for me, as I am not looking to get even a little bit drunk. If you like to party hardy with the alcohol, you won't be impressed.

We ate in town once, but mostly we cooked our own food in the villa after buying the ingredients at the local Wal-mart. Feeding a family of four on-site three meals a day would be very expensive. There's a little store on site too. There's a good variety of food and snacks there, but the prices are pretty steep. We purchased a few extra things there--snacks, medicines, drinks.

There is a laundry room with an attendant, so that you don't have to babysit your clothes. That was helpful. With airlines charging fees for bags, I would suggest packing very light and doing a load or two of laundry mid-week.

There are activities scheduled throughout the week for every age group, from zumba and yoga classes for adults, to xbox and wii for the kiddies; poker, crafts, spanish lessons, pool volleyball--you name it. There was even a disco some nights!

There's a scheduled shuttle into town, which came in handy, because you can end up spending a lot of money on taxis going back and forth to town and to other excursions. It would be great if they ran a little later than 6:30 p.m.

The Royal Haciendas was everything we thought it would be. Beautiful, relaxing, clean, friendly. We'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank shewhocooks
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This place was amazing! The staff were excellent and the food great! We were so impressed that we bought a villa! What an amazing vacation with the kids! and snoozing under the palm trees was awesome!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Danny L
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The Thomas Moore Travel agents, located in the hotel lobbly, were extremely friendly and helpful with planning our excursions outside the resort. I highly recommed the ATV Tour throught the Jungle. Don't miss Rio Lagoartos with the tour guide Angel (he knows everyone.)

The resort itself is clean, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Many of the them even made the effort the learn my name, and I was only there a week! The resort's security made me feel safe. They took down my name and destination each time I left the resort, and noted when I returned.

I had a lovey time, and look forward to going back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Megan I
Reviewed 5 July 2011

From check-in to check out, the resort took good care of the guests. We were here on a timeshare trade and were staying in a two-bedroom unit that was beautifully appointed and had all modern conveniences. The welcome gift of shampoo was needed since the resort does not provide it. Everything else is there and if you want more, can be purchased at the resort store which is well-stocked. The restaurant food was good, the view seaside dining, outstanding. Everything from snorkel equipemtnt, to kayaks, to golf clubs was provided. The beach was lovely, the water warm. Bring water shoes for the entrance to the ocean is rocky.
A few nights in town with good restaurants and a lively atmosphere were entertaining. Seeing the Mayan ruins is a must. Golf at the new club nextdoor was fun and still reasonably priced.
A great week.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robby-Bobby
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The resort was beautiful, comfortable, and the service excellent. The beach beautiful, pools all lovely. Went into town on the resort's free shuttle and ate at many local restaurants, never had a bad meal. Bought lots of silver of course. I highly recommend the resort and the area. It is really safe and there is lots of security where ever you go. All the negative stuff you hear isnt happening in Cancun or Playa del Carmen. Eat lots of tacos pastor, and guacamole, drink some Don Julio Reposado Tequila, and have fun.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple