My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Paya del Carmen and we had a blast at The Royal as it surpassed our expectations. Staff is amazingly friendly and super respectful. They made us feel welcomed and pampered all the time during our stay. Furthermore, the food is so tasteful. Given that there are five restaurants to choose from, each of them has its own taste and will not leave you disappointed, but "Spice and Maria Marie" are our favorite ones. The resort also offers lots of entertainment. During the day pool activities and at night broadway like shows, circus like shows as well as Karaoke. They also offer packages not part of the "all inclusive". We reserved the romantic package which includes lots of petals, champagne and strawberries and it went beyond expectations. Similarly, the private romantic dinner at the beach which left us speechless. I would say this is a must do.
Security- I feel very secure during our stay as every time we would go out with a tour company, they would make note of the pates as well as the tour company name we were going with. Similarly, when getting back, they would check us up like acknowledging our return. If you plan going outside and need a taxi, ask your concierge as they can book a taxi designated for the hotel.
The only thing we regret is not having enough time to enjoy the resort as we only went during the weekend and the resort itself has tons to offer. Therefore, I would recommend staying for at least a week as once you step in you feel like not wanting to get out.
Anyways, we feel very pleased overall and are already looking forward to returning as this resort is worth every single penny. Yes, I would definitely recommend it!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, TravelUp and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico