We returned to the Royal to stay for the second time after having an incredible experience the first and it was another amazing & wonderful anniversary spent here. We were greeted with some familiar faces from our first stay and some new faces. Our concierge was Adolfo and he was the best from the check in to our last day - the room we upgraded to was leaking due to the storm so he helped us out right away by switching our rooms for us as soon as possible. Also, the bellboy Hernando was extremely helpful as well with moving our luggage around to each room despite the rain. The next day, we noticed there was no DVD player in our room and Adolfo was extremely kind to have one requested and set up for us with no problem. For the 7 nights we stayed at the Royal, Adolfo also made sure our room was ready for us with the romantic turndown and some personalized decorations for my husband and I.
As usual, the food was amazing at each and every restaurant the resort has to offer with incredible staff from the managers, chefs, hostesses, to waiters. My husband and I's personal favorite, however, would have to be Maria Maria thanks to Diego, Chef Pasto, Vincenle, Diana, Vicky, Leo, Eulisa, and Marcos. The Grand Maniner Souffle is a must here and part of the reason why I come back.
Thank you to everyone at the Royal for making our stay pleasant and once again memorable. Even for a vacation, it felt like coming home with the welcome we got from all of the staff here. We will definitely be seeing everyone again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico