The Royal Playa del Carmen
US$315
US$249
US$536
US$520
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$278
US$221
US$556
US$519
US$386
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$564
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,434
US$940
US$218
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$255/night.

Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$771
Cancelon
17,781 results
All reviewsmaria mariechef's plateromance conciergecoffee housespice restaurantjose garciadanny boyfrozen grapeshour loungeocean viewturn down servicetequila barour honeymoonlobby barpresidential suitebeach butleril pescatore
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This is an adults only resort with five restaurants that are very good. My favorite was the sushi restaurant and the buffet. The staff is amazing, always making you feel welcome and accommodating. I loved hanging by the pool and the beach was beautiful.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Lynn D, Gerente at The Royal Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear wkgmom41,

We really appreciate this review. We are very happy to hear that it was a great experience for you, and that you found our staff to be very helpful and attentive, this will motivate us to keep doing our best job! Thank you for choosing us to spend your vacation.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again in your Second Home, “THE Royal Playa del Carmen”.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Lots of shopping and many others by the sea makes this a very unique destination. Plenty of restaurants and lodging.allows one to venture out without need of a vehicle. A cab ride would be sufficient for most other places.

Stayed: September 2016
2  Thank Willis H
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This was our third visit to the Royal! We were married here in 2013. I was a bit concerned there might be changes since Hyatt took over but it seems like most everything is the same great way I remember it.

This time we had a swim up in the green lawn courtyard. I recommend a swim up for anyone staying here - it's so worth every penny. These swim ups have the most hours of sun- all morning and all the way thru the evening. It is quiet you can't hear the noisy pool on the other side. One negative you don't get service for drinks at the swim ups in this location. I called the front desk to ask and she said no- kind of wish she would have offered to send someone over though.

I love the quiet pool. They didn't play the relaxing music they used to though. The big party pool is too rowdy for me most of the time and usually has much warmer water. Another reason for a swim up!

A few days into our stay we moved to an ocean front swim up and we were super happy we could get it booked cuz we honeymooned there! We love them because you get the walk up service and you can hear and see the ocean and there are not any walk by's. Great for couples. For most of our stay hardly anyone else was around so it was nice and quiet and relaxing. You can walk to the cabanas easily when you want shade and the bathroom was right there in your room.

The food here is awesome!! Every restaurant. Highly recommend the grilled cheese at pelicanos for breakfast (not a sandwich!) and Ricon for lunch- fresh made tacos-so so good. Spice is always great love the variety and convenience. The only negatives - you can tell the juices like the orange juice is watered down no matter which restaurant you go to. Also the nacho cheese in the 24 hour bar is really watered down. Orange juice is something I only allow myself on vacation so that was disappointing. Alcoholic drinks were great I love the mojitos.

Fifth street has changed over the years - lots more modern shops and stores like H&M mingled in with the authentic ones. Extends east now where it only used to go west. Be ready for harassment to buy everything under the sun. Much worse than 4 years ago. I wish some one would clue the shop owners in that if they left me alone I would actually walk into their shop all on my own but if you harass me I will keep walking.

Overall love the Royal and highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank justfine7890
Lynn D, Gerente at The Royal Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear justfine7890,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your review. We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future and to provide you with a truly unique vacation experience once again.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This was the second time at the royal with me and my family. We stayed in a master ocean front suite and it was just great. Our butler jose did a great job. And of course i don't forget to mention Graciela, juan jose and federico. They are a great team and always happy to assist at any time. Maeva and cesia who helped out at some points during our stay and the check out are so sweet. Thanks to all of your staff for an unforgetable time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank petra0603

Dear petra0603,

On behalf of THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen staff and myself we want to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a positive review.
We will make sure to tell our staff members that you have mentioned what a great job they are doing so they can keep up the good work!
Once again, thank you for your kind comments and for granting us with the opportunity to host you at THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I totally enjoy this resort. The grounds are beautiful. The pools are welcoming and fun.The staff just amazing!! From our room staff Lennin to the waitresses at the pool and lobby/ outside. Prudencia, Marisol and Amelia are phenomonal. They were attentive and so friendly and pleasant. Our breakfast and diner visits to Spice were always a great event.Jose Garcia is someone who wants you to come back just to see him again! Omar the chef, wonderful. The rest of the staff there can't be beat and taken special care to make your visit delightful; Javier, Luciano, Jorge, Osiris, and Nahum. I cannot say anything more about our time here. Love this place and feel like Im home each visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank LoriW30
Lynn D, Gerente at The Royal Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear LoriW30,

We truly appreciate your review, it is really nice, and make us feel very proud of our entire staff!! Our top priority is to offer an exceptional service to each of our guests and it is very satisfying to read that this was your case.
It will be an honor to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.