From the moment we were checking in to the minute we checked out, my husband and I were treated like ROYALTY! This was our honeymoon destination and so we decided last minute to splurge and book a Master Suite. We were greeted by our AMAZING personal butler, Juan José, who was warm, friendly, welcoming, helpful and trusting. He truly made our honeymoon the dream destination that we had hoped for. He helped us every step of the way in making sure the week was perfect. Every morning he texted us to ask us if we needed anything and he was so quick to respond whenever we needed to reach out for help. He booked reservations for us at Chef's Plate (their DELICIOUS restaurant with a 7-course tasting menu), booked the whole tennis court for us, set up our private cabana for us. No matter what we needed help with, he was there. If you decide on booking a Master or Presidential suite and are lucky enough to be assigned a personal butler, I hope with all my heart you are paired up with Juan José because he really went above and beyond for us. THANK YOU!!! We already miss you Juan José!
After a day of relaxing on the beautiful beach or enjoying the amazing pools, our room was always impeccably clean when we would arrive back at our suite. There was always a new towel design on our bed with rose petals scattered around. It was such a sweet and beautiful touch. Then, after arriving back even later in the evening, after a delicious dinner or one of the many entertaining live resort shows, the amazing folks from turn-down service had prepared our bed for the night. Thank you to Teresa Castellanos and Rosa Hoil. Their service was so exquisite and they made our stay here so special.
At Chef's Plate, (which would have usually come at an extra fee but came for free with our room) we were treated with such care and attention. We had dinner there twice after being able to snag reservations, thanks to Juan José. It was amazing, from start to finish. I can honestly say, it was some of the best food I have ever had in my life. It is well worth the extra charge for a special night or with your loved one. I highly recommend it! We had the same amazing waiter, Jorge, both nights we ate here and he was a delight! He was well-informed about every dish, very attentive to our needs and easily substituted a few of my dishes because of my allergies. Chef Ramon and the rest of the staff were also so talented. The nights here were made so special by them all.
Of the many different and delicious restaurants on the resort, our favorite spot for breakfast was most-definitely La Mediteranneo. Our suite was right by the restaurant so we had quick and easy access to it which allowed us to learn names and faces of their amazing employees. Francisco and Abraham were a delight every time we would see them and their friendly faces and superb service really started our days off on the right foot. My favorite all-inclusive spot for lunch was definitely Spice and my husband’s was Pelicanos. Delicious food at both locations. And for all-inclusive dinner, we both LOVED Maria Marie. A French/Mexican fusion restaurant with amazing choices. I still wish I could have tried every dish here. Everything we had was always cooked and seasoned to perfection!
I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this resort to anyone on the fence about where they should choose to stay while in Mexico. Even if you're not planning on being there for a special celebration, they treat everyone SO WELL! The minute you walk into the lobby, you're seated on comfortable lounge chairs and offered champagne and a cold towel while waiting to be checked in. We attended a friend's wedding at another resort during our week here and while trying to pay for our day passes at the check in counter, we had to stand in a long line with no one to even speak to for a good 40 minutes in the heat. I didn't realize how good we had it until I witnessed waiting in that long line with no offers of side services. That’s just one example of what you have in store at The Royal Playa del Carmen. TRUST ME. Book here, you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico